BayHawks Fall to Drive
ERIE, PA - The Erie BayHawks (19-23), NBA G League affiliate of the Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club, fell to the Grand Rapids Drive (23-20), 111-110 tonight inside Erie Insurance Arena.
Jaylen Morris notched a double-double, pulling down a game-high 11 rebounds, to go along with 16 points on 7-11 (.636) shooting from the floor, including a 2-4 (.500) clip from three-point territory, one steal and one block in 38.5 minutes. Cat Barber also finished with a double-double, dishing out a game-high 10 assists, in addition to 18 points, six rebounds and a career-high tying five steals in 42.3 minutes. Jordan Sibert poured in a game-high tying 23 points, knocking down 5-10 (.500) from deep, to go along with four rebounds and a season-high tying four steals in 32.1 minutes of action.
Assigned earlier today from the Detroit Pistons, guard Khryi Thomas notched 21 points on 8-16 (.500) shooting from the floor, three rebounds and one steal in 28.3 minutes. Kenneth "Speedy" Smith recorded a team-high eight assists, to go along with 13 points on 6-8 (.750) shooting, five rebounds and a team-high four steals in 31.3 minutes. Pistons two-way guard Isaiah Whitehead registered a game-high tying 23 points on 7-11 (.636) shooting, including a 4-6 (.667) mark from the three-point line, four rebounds, two assists and two steals in 23.2 minutes as a reserve.
The BayHawks knocked down five triples in the opening frame to take a 28-19 lead heading into the second quarter. Erie notched a double-digit advantage with 7:22 left to play in the first half off of a Jordan Sibert three-pointer. The BayHawks kept their nine-point lead, as both teams poured in 34 points in the second quarter. At the intermission of tonight's contest, Erie held a 62-53 advantage.
Grand Rapids opened the third quarter on a 13-4 run to tie the BayHawks at 66 at the 6:31 mark of the third quarter. Heading into the final frame, Erie possessed a two-point, 80-78, lead. The Drive took a 10-point advantage, 105-95, with 3:18 left to play in regulation. The BayHawks finished tonight's contest on a 15-6 run, but their comeback fell just short.
Erie will host the Capital City Go-Go on Sunday, March 10. Tipoff for Sunday's matinee match is set for 3 p.m. Tickets can be found online at eriebayhawks.com or at the Erie Insurance Arena box office.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 8, 2019
- Austin Spurs Fall to Raptors 905 116-113 - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall 109-94 to the Memphis Hustle Tonight in Southaven - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Hustle Take Down First Place Warriors for Crucial Victory - Memphis Hustle
- Vipers Defeat the Kings at Home - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Long Island Nets Clinch First Playoff Berth in Franchise History with Win over Maine - Long Island Nets
- Drive Stay Hot with Fourth Straight Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- BayHawks Fall to Drive - Erie BayHawks
- Mad Ants' Team Effort Leads Fort Wayne to Win against Lakeland - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Nets Cut Down Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Tahjere McCall Rejoins Long Island Nets - Long Island Nets
- Herd Acquires Trae Bell-Haynes - Wisconsin Herd
- "Bucks Takeover" Scheduled for Wisconsin Herd Game on March 11 - Wisconsin Herd
- Elie Okobo Assigned to Northern Arizona Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Detroit Pistons Assign Khyri Thomas and Svi Mykhailiuk to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- South Bay Sails by Clippers in Home Victory - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Erie BayHawks Stories
- Erie BayHawks Announce 2019-20 Single Game Tickets and Promotional Schedule
- Erie BayHawks Announce Junior Dance Team Auditions
- Erie BayHawks Announce Two New Ticket Initiatives for 2019-20 Season
- BayHawks Announce Six Select Dates for the 2019-20 Season
- Pelicans Sign Zylan Cheatham and Josh Gray to Two-Way Contracts