Mad Ants' Team Effort Leads Fort Wayne to Win against Lakeland
Fort Wayne, Ind. - The Fort Wayne Mad Ants (20-24) defeated the Lakeland Magic, 110-98, at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum on Friday night to stay alive for a potential postseason bid.
Fort Wayne jumped in front of the southeast division leaders by as much as 19 on the night for its second win of the season against Lakeland (27-17).
Demetrius Denzel-Dyson came off the bench and finished with a new career-high 17 points - 14 of which came in the second half - on 6-of-9 shooting. Denzel-Dyson was one of seven Mad Ants in the game to finish in double figures.
Fort Wayne led after the opening quarter by holding the best 3-point shooting team in the G League heading into Friday night to only 22.2 percent in the quarter.
The Mad Ants went into the halftime break trailing after Gabe York finished with 14 of his game-high 20 points in the first half.
Fort Wayne would go on to outscore Lakeland by 13 in the second half of the first home game back since concluding a four-game road trip.
Jovan Mooring started the first game of his career in place of Rob Gray, who missed the game due to an illness. Mooring piled in a team-high 18 points to go along with a career-high seven rebounds and seven assists.
Travin Thibodeaux gathered a career-high 16 rebounds as well to go along with nine points.
John Petrucelli capped his night off with 20 points for Lakeland. Orlando Magic two-way guard Troy Caupain finished with 16 points, nine rebounds and six assists.
Fort Wayne will hit the road again for a matchup at Raptors 905 on Monday, while Lakeland will head to Canton on Sunday.
The Mad Ants return home on Tuesday, March 19 to face the Wisconsin Herd. Tickets are available by visiting ftwaynemadants.com or calling 260-469-4667.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 8, 2019
- Austin Spurs Fall to Raptors 905 116-113 - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall 109-94 to the Memphis Hustle Tonight in Southaven - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Hustle Take Down First Place Warriors for Crucial Victory - Memphis Hustle
- Vipers Defeat the Kings at Home - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Long Island Nets Clinch First Playoff Berth in Franchise History with Win over Maine - Long Island Nets
- Drive Stay Hot with Fourth Straight Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- BayHawks Fall to Drive - Erie BayHawks
- Mad Ants' Team Effort Leads Fort Wayne to Win against Lakeland - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Nets Cut Down Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Tahjere McCall Rejoins Long Island Nets - Long Island Nets
- Herd Acquires Trae Bell-Haynes - Wisconsin Herd
- "Bucks Takeover" Scheduled for Wisconsin Herd Game on March 11 - Wisconsin Herd
- Elie Okobo Assigned to Northern Arizona Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Detroit Pistons Assign Khyri Thomas and Svi Mykhailiuk to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- South Bay Sails by Clippers in Home Victory - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.