Austin Spurs Acquire Travis Bader
AUSTIN, Texas - The Austin Spurs, presented by SWBC, today announced that they have acquired Travis Bader.
Bader most recently played for Faros Larissas of the Greek basketball league during the 2017-18 season, where he averaged 6.6 points and 1.7 rebounds in 18 minutes over 18 games. Prior to that, the 6-5 guard joined Ambalt Recanati in Italy for the 16-17 campaign, where he averaged 15.7 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game in 32.7 minutes over 28 games. For the 2015-16 season, he suited up for Neptunas Klaipeda of the Lithuanian Basketball League, where he averaged 6.4 points and 1.1 rebounds in 17.2 minutes over 50 games.
After spending the 2014 NBA Summer League with the Philadelphia 76ers and Golden State Warriors, he went overseas to play for ASVEL Basket in France where he appeared in 13 games. For the second half of the 2014-15 season, Bader had his first G League stint with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, where he averaged 12.8 points, 1.5 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 29.7 minutes over 22 games.
The Michigan native spent four years at Oakland University where he held career averages of 17.2 points, 2.8 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 34.3 minutes over 137 games (112 starts). Bader is the NCAA career leader for three-point field goals (504) and field goal attempts (1,246).
Individual game tickets and season tickets for the 2018-19 campaign are still available. To become an Austin Spurs Season Ticket Member, call (512) 236-8333 or visit austinspurs.com for more information and the full season schedule.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 4, 2019
- Hustle Snap Losing Streak, Win Tight Game against the Clippers - Memphis Hustle
- Drive Top Herd for Second Straight W - Grand Rapids Drive
- Legends Acquire Nate Mason - Texas Legends
- Terrence Jones Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Erie BayHawks
- Mad Ants Scorch Nets in Brooklyn - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Long Island Drops Matinee to Fort Wayne in Brooklyn - Long Island Nets
- Houston Rockets Assign Forward Gary Clark to Rio Grande Valley Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Austin Spurs Acquire Travis Bader - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- Travis Trice Named to USA Men's World Cup Qualifying February Team
- Austin Spurs to Host Raptors 905 at the AT&T Center on Friday, March 8
- Travis Trice Confirmed for USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Team February Training Camp
- Austin Spurs Acquire Devon Bookert and Jeff Coby
- Austin Spurs Fall to Salt Lake City Stars 98-89