Attack Hunger Campaign Returns to Bayshore, December 4th
The Attack Hunger Campaign presented by IG Wealth Management returns to its traditional roots for 2021 with food and monetary donations being accepted at the Owen Sound Attack's first Saturday home game in December, on December 4th against the Flint Firebirds. This year's event goal is to see fans donate thousands of pounds non-perishable food items and raising valuable funds for the Salvation Army Food Bank in Owen Sound.
"Our involvement in the community continues to be a priority for us, and we continue to work hard to be involved while following pandemic protocols" said Attack Manager of Marketing and Communications Greg Hoddinott. "We are extremely excited to bring another sense of normalcy to our season with Attack Hunger Campaign moving forward in its traditional execution."
The 2021 Attack Hunger Campaign will look a lot more normal with donations being collected on a game night as well as at three main drop-off locations the IG Wealth Management office on the east side, the Attack office downtown and Foodland on the west side. Donations of non-perishable food items will be collected at these locations beginning November 29 until December 6, although they can be made prior to and after these dates as well. IG Wealth Management will be distributing Attack Hunger donation bags at the Attacks home game on Saturday, November 27 against the London Knights.
With some people still not feeling comfortable with making a physical food donation and others who may be looking to make a monetary donation, the Attack Hunger Campaign has made sure there is still a way for everyone to participate this year. If you want to make a donation before the event you can visit the Attack Shack online store and follow the Attack Hunger link to make a monetary donation to this year's campaign. All donations over $10 will receive a charitable tax receipt directly from the Salvation Army. If you want to make a donation at the game the Salvation Army will be onsite with their kettles collecting monetary donations.
The need continues to grow at food banks across Ontario and specifically in Owen Sound. Since the pandemic was declared in March 2020 $1,001,890.00 of practical food assistance has been provided in Owen Sound. 1 in every 3 food clients in Ontario are children.
How to Participate:
From November 29th to December 6th, you can:
Physical Food Donations: Three drop off locations available.
IG Wealth Management Office: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm (733 9th Ave. East, Unit 1, Owen Sound, ON)
Owen Sound Attack Office: Monday to Friday, 9am to 12pm & 1pm to 4pm (1900 3rd Ave. East, Owen Sound, ON)
Foodland: Monday to Sunday, 8am to 10pm (915 10th Street West, Owen Sound, ON)
We will be working with the business community of Owen Sound and surrounding area to help increase the donations to this great cause.
Any businesses interested in donating should contact:
Owen Sound Attack: Greg Hoddinott, Manager of Marketing & Communications (519) 371-7452 Ext. 22 or email@example.com
Individual Monetary Donations: Through the Attack Shack website (Click Here)
All monetary donations over $10 will be eligible for a charitable tax receipt from the Salvation Army
Everyone making a monetary donation will be entered in a draw for the chance to win 1 of 5 prizes. If you donate you will be automatically entered. Prizes include:
Fully Customized Replica Jersey
1 of 3 - $20 Attack Shack Gift Cards
1 of 3 - 2021-22 Owen Sound Attack Team Autographed Stick
There is no donation required to be included in the draw.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 22, 2021
- Colts to Honour Long Time Coach Dale Hawerchuk with Special Game Night - Barrie Colts
- Coe Is Player of the Week - North Bay Battalion
- 23rd Annual Teddy Bear Toss Coming December 19th - Oshawa Generals
- Sting's Ben Gaudreau Named OHL Goaltender of the Week - Sarnia Sting
- Details Released for Coca-Cola Canada Holiday Truck Tour - Peterborough Petes
- Wolves Host Steelheads & Colts in Three Game Homestand this Week - Sudbury Wolves
- Attack Hunger Campaign Returns to Bayshore, December 4th - Owen Sound Attack
- Spitfires Honour Glenn Hall with Banner Raising Ceremony - Windsor Spitfires
- Portokalis Named Week 7 Huron Tractor Player of the Week - Owen Sound Attack
- Coe and Gaudreau Named OHL Top Performers of the Week - OHL
- Hamilton Bulldogs Sign Noah Roberts - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolves Partner with All Nations Church for Mountain of Mittens - Sudbury Wolves
- Petes Open Applications for Next Generation Game on November 28 - Peterborough Petes
- Generals Snap Losing Streak with Win against Frontenacs - Oshawa Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Owen Sound Attack Stories
- Forgettable Family Day Extends Attack Losing Streak to 7
- Ethan Burroughs Named Huron Tractor Player of the Week
- Midwest Rivals Pack the Week as Attack Look to Get Back on Winning Track
- Attack Drop 6th Straight with Loss to GreyHounds
- OHL Announces Comprehensive Update to 2021-22 Regular Season Schedule