Details Released for Coca-Cola Canada Holiday Truck Tour
(Peterborough, ON) - The Petes have released a detailed map with estimated timelines and COVID-19 safety protocols for the Coca-Cola Canada Holiday Truck Tour, powered by the Peterborough Petes, in partnership with The Kinsmen Club of Peterborough on Wednesday, November 24.
The detailed map and timeline highlights the route of the Holiday Truck Tour. The Coca-Cola holiday truck, Peterborough Petes float powered by Merrett Home Hardware and Kinsmen Club Santa sleigh will be departing the Peterborough Memorial Centre (PMC) at 5:00pm.
The Holiday Truck Tour will be escorted by the Peterborough Police featuring three holiday trucks with Santa Claus and Roger the mascot. Fans can track Santa, Roger, and the Christmas floats on the Petes Facebook page, as Petes in-game host Courtney Bell broadcasts live from the route.
This initiative is a part of the Petes and C.O.P.S. (Community Oriented Partnerships and Support) program, which sees players on the Petes roster matched with members of the Peterborough Police Service (PPS) Emergency Response Team (ERT), along with other members across multiple sections of the PPS. As part of the partnership, Petes players and PPS attend community events.
Fans are encouraged to share their experience by posting their photos and videos from the event to their social media accounts using the hashtags: #DeliverTheMagic #HolidayTruckTour, #PetesHaveFun, and to tag the Petes at @PetesOHLHockey.
Based on submissions from members of the community, included on the route are a variety of residential areas including the south end, west end, north end, and East City. The drive-by will conclude at the PMC at 9:00 pm.
To ensure the safety of the Holiday Truck tour and the public, the Petes and the Peterborough Police will be following and enforcing all safety measures and protocols in place from Peterborough Public Health. The Holiday Truck Tour crew will be distributing candy canes while on foot in certain residential areas.
Holiday cards, treats and special video messages will be sent to all who pre-registered for the Holiday Truck Tour.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 22, 2021
- Colts to Honour Long Time Coach Dale Hawerchuk with Special Game Night - Barrie Colts
- Coe Is Player of the Week - North Bay Battalion
- 23rd Annual Teddy Bear Toss Coming December 19th - Oshawa Generals
- Sting's Ben Gaudreau Named OHL Goaltender of the Week - Sarnia Sting
- Details Released for Coca-Cola Canada Holiday Truck Tour - Peterborough Petes
- Wolves Host Steelheads & Colts in Three Game Homestand this Week - Sudbury Wolves
- Attack Hunger Campaign Returns to Bayshore, December 4th - Owen Sound Attack
- Spitfires Honour Glenn Hall with Banner Raising Ceremony - Windsor Spitfires
- Portokalis Named Week 7 Huron Tractor Player of the Week - Owen Sound Attack
- Coe and Gaudreau Named OHL Top Performers of the Week - OHL
- Hamilton Bulldogs Sign Noah Roberts - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolves Partner with All Nations Church for Mountain of Mittens - Sudbury Wolves
- Petes Open Applications for Next Generation Game on November 28 - Peterborough Petes
- Generals Snap Losing Streak with Win against Frontenacs - Oshawa Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Petes Sign Jack Van Volsen to Standard Player Agreement
- 2022 Development Camp Schedule Set
- Petes Select Three Players in 2022 OHL U-18 Priority Selection
- Three Petes Named to NHL Central Scouting Final Rankings
- Petes to Make up to Three Picks in the 2022 U-18 OHL Priority Selection