Arsenal extend D-Fenders road trouble
ANAHEIM, Calif. - The Anaheim Arsenal returned home from a two week road trip and celebrated with a 99-87 win over the Los Angeles D-Fenders.
The Arsenal (8-16) were able to defend a 20 point lead over the D-Fenders (5-17) in the fourth quarter after fighting for most of the first half. At the half, the Arsenal led 58-53 and would retain the lead until the final buzzer.
After losing a few games with similar leads, Coach Sam Vincent noted, "I was happy that the guys maintained focus for all 48 minutes instead of 45."
Arsenal forward James White led all scorers with 23 points and remains the NBA D-League leading scorer. Cedric Bozeman followed up with 22 points, 7 rebounds, and 5 assists while Kedrick Brown and Ronald Allen rounded out the Arsenal players who scored in double digits.
Joe Crawford led Los Angeles with 21 points including 5 three pointers while Dwayne Mitchell had 14 to finish the game. CJ Giles, Gabriel Hughes, and Longar Longar all tallied ten points in the contest.
Both teams will travel to the STAPLES Center for tomorrow's 4:00 p.m. rematch.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 24, 2009
- Arsenal extend D-Fenders road trouble - Anaheim Arsenal
- Stampede slide past Mad Ants - Idaho Stampede
- Wizards hand SkyForce fourth straight home loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- BayHawks Lose Third Straight Home - Erie BayHawks
- Energy Shoot Down BayHawks - Iowa Wolves
- Stampede Snub 14'ers 129-111 - Idaho Stampede
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.