Antequera Delivers BruceClaws Walk-Off 3-2 Win
LAKEWOOD, NJ - Jose Antequera hit a walk-off RBI single in the bottom of the ninth to cap another "BruceClaws" comeback win on Springsteen Appreciation Night, winning 3-2 over Hagerstown on Saturday night at FirstEnergy Park.
Lakewood is now 5-1 on their current homestand and trailed in the seventh inning or later in four of their five wins. It's their second walk-off win of the week and third of July. For Antequera, it was his second walk-off hit of the month after a winner against Delmarva on July 2nd.
The BlueClaws (23-12/64-40) have now won 13 of their last 17 games and are 17-7 against Hagerstown (12-21/39-62) so far this season.
Both ninth inning runs were scored off of Jared Brasher (0-3). Nick Maton started the inning with a triple. He came home on a one-out single by Rodolfo Duran. After Quincy Nieporte singled Duran to third, Antequera singled him in to win the game.
Connor Brogdon (4-3), who threw three scoreless innings in relief, earned the win.
Hagerstown jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the first inning on an RBI single from Jake Scudder. Alex Dunlap, who hit two home runs on Friday, went deep leading off the fourth inning to put the Suns up 2-0 for his fourth home run of the season.
Lakewood finally broke through in the bottom of the fifth on an RBI single from Jose Antequera on an 0-2 pitch from Jackson Tetreault.
Lakewood starter David Parkinson allowed two runs, one earned, over six innings while striking out seven. He continues to lead the league with an ERA of 1.51.
The teams finish their series on Sunday at 1:05 pm. RHP Gustavo Armas (0-1) starts for Lakewood opposite RHP Malvin Pena (2-0).
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from July 28, 2018
- Pompey Collects 4 Hits on Xmas (In July) - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Late Flourish Propels 'Birds Past K-Town - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Boiled Peanuts Crack in Ninth, Fall to Greenville - Charleston RiverDogs
- Antequera Delivers BruceClaws Walk-Off 3-2 Win - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Tetreault's Strong Outing Not Enough as BlueClaws Walk- off Suns - Hagerstown Suns
- Matias Blasts 30th Homer Of The Season In 4-2 Victory Over Braves - Lexington Legends
- Drive Outlast RiverDogs 10-8 on Saturday - Greenville Drive
- GreenJackets Drop Game Two - Augusta GreenJackets
- Power Edged out by Asheville 4-3 Saturday Night - West Virginia Power
- Rennie Torments Augusta Again, Guides Columbia to Victory - Columbia Fireflies
- Upbeat Tourists Hold off Power in Win - Asheville Tourists
- Fireflies Game Notes: July 28 at Augusta (Game 102) - Columbia Fireflies
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (July 28) - West Virginia Power
- Preview: Riding 17-Inning Scoreless Streak - Greensboro Grasshoppers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lakewood BlueClaws Stories
- Garcia Fans 11 But Claws Drop Opener to Lexington
- Balanced Attack Gives BlueClaws Fifth Straight Win as Claws Topple Rome
- Walk-Off Claws Win Again, 5-4 over Rome on Thursday
- Maton's Grand Slam Keys BlueClaws 7-2 Wednesday Win
- Garcia, Two Relievers Combine on BlueClaws 23rd Shutout of Season