Upbeat Tourists Hold off Power in Win
CHARLESTON - The Asheville Tourists entered Saturday's contest against the West Virginia Power on a six-game losing streak but you would never know it by their body language pre-game. Asheville came out ready to play and outlasted West Virginia to pick up a much needed 4-3 win.
Sean Bouchard created some early offense with a solo Home Run in the top of the first inning off Power starter Travis MacGregor. West Virginia managed to tie the game with an RBI single in the second and even took a 3-1 lead on a two-run single by Calvin Mitchell in the third.
The Tourists responded in the top of the fourth. Todd Czinege stepped to the plate with two runners on and hit a three-run Home Run down the right field line to give Asheville a 4-3 lead. Neither team scored the rest of the way.
Frederis Parra tossed his third straight quality start for Asheville as the right-hander chewed up seven innings. Braxton Lorenzini earned a hold with a scoreless eighth inning and Tommy Doyle closed the door with a scoreless ninth. Both Lorenzini and Doyle struck out a pair in their respective innings.
Matt McLaughlin was the only Tourist player with multiple hits; however, Asheville had enough timely hitting to earn the win. The series against West Virginia is now knotted up at one game apiece with the rubber match scheduled for Sunday afternoon at 2:05pm.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from July 28, 2018
- Pompey Collects 4 Hits on Xmas (In July) - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Late Flourish Propels 'Birds Past K-Town - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Boiled Peanuts Crack in Ninth, Fall to Greenville - Charleston RiverDogs
- Antequera Delivers BruceClaws Walk-Off 3-2 Win - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Tetreault's Strong Outing Not Enough as BlueClaws Walk- off Suns - Hagerstown Suns
- Matias Blasts 30th Homer Of The Season In 4-2 Victory Over Braves - Lexington Legends
- Drive Outlast RiverDogs 10-8 on Saturday - Greenville Drive
- GreenJackets Drop Game Two - Augusta GreenJackets
- Power Edged out by Asheville 4-3 Saturday Night - West Virginia Power
- Rennie Torments Augusta Again, Guides Columbia to Victory - Columbia Fireflies
- Upbeat Tourists Hold off Power in Win - Asheville Tourists
- Fireflies Game Notes: July 28 at Augusta (Game 102) - Columbia Fireflies
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (July 28) - West Virginia Power
- Preview: Riding 17-Inning Scoreless Streak - Greensboro Grasshoppers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.