Anaheim Arsenal Weekly
February 13, 2009 - NBA D-League Slam Dunk Competition James White wins!
February 14, 2009 - NBA D-League All-Star Game Blue beats Red 113-103
James White: 9 PTS, 3 REBS, 6 ASTS
Cedric Bozeman: 4 PTS, 1 AST
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
James White - #21 - Forward - Cincinnati
While the rest of the Arsenal had a quiet All-Star weekend, forward James White kept busy by participating in the All-Star Game as well as the Slam-Dunk Competition.
After living up to his nickname of James Flight' White, he was able to take home first place in the Slam Dunk competition after taking off from behind the free throw line and slamming it down home in what Chris Mottram from SportingNews.com described as "the finest that dunk has looked since...well, MJ set the standard over 20 years ago."
-The Arsenal continue a home stand through the weekend which will see the Rio Grande Valley Vipers (Wed. 7 p.m.), the Utah Flash (Fri. 7 p.m.), and the Los Angeles D-Fenders (Sat. 6 p.m.).
-Former Arsenal player Jawad Williams recently joined the Rio Grande Valley Vipers and on Wednesday will face off against James White and Cedric Bozeman. If all three play at the same time, the court will be featuring all three of the Arsenal's All-Stars at once. Jawad Williams was selected as an All-Star during 2006-2007 season while Bozeman and White recently competed in the 2009 All-Star Game.
Atlanta Hawks rookie Othello Hunter has been assigned to the Anaheim Arsenal and will be with the team as the Arsenal take on the Rio Grande Valley Vipers on February 18th at 7:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 17, 2009
- Colorado Zaps Energy - Colorado 14ers
- Energy Fall in Game One of Road Trip - Iowa Wolves
- Skyforce Outlast the Mad Ants in Overtime Thriller - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Toros Clip D-Fenders at Buzzer - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Vipers Launch Spanish Portion of Website - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- 66ers Game Time Change Friday - Tulsa 66ers
- Anaheim Arsenal Weekly - Anaheim Arsenal
- Atlanta Hawks Assign Hunter to Anaheim Arsenal - Anaheim Arsenal
- Grizzlies Reassign Hamed Haddadi To D-League's Dakota Wizards - Dakota Wizards
- Atlanta's Hunter Assigned To Anaheim Arsenal; Memphis' Haddadi Re-Assigned To Dakota Wizards - G League
- Flash Point - Utah Flash
- BayHawks Announce Entertainment Stimulus Plan - Erie BayHawks
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.