Americans Head to Everett
Americans @ Silvertips
Friday, December 3 | Everett, WA | Angel of the Winds Arena
Start Time: 7:05 p.m PST
The Americans will travel to Everett today and faceoff against the Silvertips. It will be the third meeting in their 12-game season series.
The Silvertips haven taken victory in both prior games. Niko Huuhtanen, Olen Zellweger, and Hunter Campbell each have two goals against the Ams. For Tri-City, Ethan Ernst and Petr Moravec have each scored once against Everett. A different goaltender has started in net for each team in both games: Nick Avakyan and Tomas Suchanek for the Americans and Koen MacInnes and Braden Holt for the Silvertips.
After falling behind early to the Victoria Royals on Wednesday, the Americans made a third period comeback to push the game into overtime and secure a point.
The Royals jumped out to a 3-0 lead with a trio of goals in the first period. Parker Bell broke through with a goal for the Americans 1:18 into the final frame. The 2022 NHL Draft prospect scored backdoor off a net-front feed from Rhett Melnyk. Carson Haynes also received an assist on the goal. Down 3-1 with two minutes remaining, netminder Tomas Suchanek was pulled for an extra attacker. The Americans were able to capitalize on the opportunity with a goal from Sasha Mutala scored off a backdoor feed from Connor Bouchard. Haynes also assisted the goal for his second point of the night. With just one second remaining, Jake Sloan won a faceoff feeding the puck to Parker Bell who scored with a shot from the right circle to send the game into overtime.
Victoria scored 4:00 into the extra frame, defeating Tri-City 4-3. Suchanek stopped 31 of 35 shots faced.
Lukas Dragicevic is expected to return to the Americans lineup tonight. The 16-year-old defenseman, who was selected fourth overall by Tri-City in the 2020 WHL Prospects Draft, attended Hockey Canada's Capital City Challenge in Ottawa and has missed Tri-City's last four games. He totaled one goal and one assist through five games and earned a Silver Medal with Team Red.
Record: Tri-City 4-11-3-0 | Seattle 17-1-1-1
Power Play: Tri-City 10/84 (11.9%) | Everett 18/83 (21.69%)
Penalty Kill: Tri-City 24/81 (70.37%) | Everett 11/63 (82.54%)
Rhett Melnyk - 2 Games (0G, 2A)
Parker Bell - 2 Games (2G, 1A)
How to Tune In:
Webcast: WHL Live - Sign Up & Watch Here
Radio: NewsTalk 870 KFLD / 98.7 FM - Listen Online
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2021
- Late Charge Comes up Short as Blades Fall 4-3 in Winnipeg - Saskatoon Blades
- Pats Fall Behind Early, Lose 5-2 to Raiders - Regina Pats
- Americans Announce 2021-22 SWX Broadcast Schedule - Tri-City Americans
- Preview: Rockets At Blazers - Kelowna Rockets
- Teddy Bear Toss Returns to the VMC on December 11 - Portland Winterhawks
- Yager & Unger Cherish Capital City Challenge Experience - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Americans Head to Everett - Tri-City Americans
- Whitehead Named Pats Academic Player of the Month - Regina Pats
- Chiefs Host Prince George and Kick off Holiday Extravaganza Friday Night - Spokane Chiefs
- Game 24 - Saskatoon at ICE - Winnipeg Ice
- ICE Recall Young - Winnipeg Ice
- Wheat Kings Look for Redemption in Lethbridge - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Game #23 Preview: Blades at ICE - Saskatoon Blades
- Pats Face Rival Raiders on Friday - Regina Pats
- Hitmen Defeat Warriors, 7-1 - Calgary Hitmen
- Warriors Open Road Trip with Loss in Calgary - Moose Jaw Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tri-City Americans Stories
- Jackson Smith Signs with Tri-City
- Americans Select Smith Second Overall, Add 11 Prospects in 2022 WHL Prospects Draft
- Americans Select Turner, Rodriguez in 2022 WHL U.S. Priority Draft
- WHL to Host 2022 U.S. Priority and Prospect Drafts this Week
- Hockey Operations Update