Alan Williams and Theo Pinson Receive All-NBA G League Honors
LONG ISLAND - The NBA G League announced today that Brooklyn Nets two-way forward/center Alan Williams was named to the All-NBA G League First Team and Brooklyn Nets two-way guard/forward Theo Pinson was named to both the All-NBA G League Second Team and the NBA G League All-Rookie Team.
In 41 games (40 starts) with Long Island this season, Williams averaged 19.8 points, 12.9 rebounds and 2.4 assists in 27.0 minutes per contest. He ranked third in the league in double-doubles (31), third in rebounds per game, third in defensive rebounds per game (9.6), 10th in offensive rebounds per game (3.3) and 12th in points per game. He scored in double figures in all but two of his 41 games for the LI Nets and recorded double-digit rebounds in 32 games, including three games of 20 or more rebounds. On March 11, Williams earned the first NBA G League Player of the Week honor of his career and the second in Long Island Nets history after leading the team to a 4-0 week for games played from March 4 through March 10. The Phoenix native also finished second in voting for the 2018-19 NBA G League Most Valuable Player award this season. In two playoff games for Long Island, Williams has recorded two double-doubles and averaged 14.5 points, 15.5 rebounds and 2.0 blocks in 28.5 minutes per game.
Pinson played in 34 games (all starts) for Long Island this season, averaging a team-high 20.7 points, 5.9 rebounds and 6.1 assists in 35.6 minutes per contest. He ranked 11th in the league in points per game and 13th in the league in assists per game. Pinson registered the first triple-double in franchise history on Dec. 28 at Wisconsin with 27 points, 10 rebounds and 15 assists and was one of 18 players to log a triple-double in the NBA G League this season. The Greensboro, N.C., native scored in double figures in all but one of his 34 games with the LI Nets this season and posted 18 games of 20 or more points, including a Long Island season-high 43 points on Jan. 10 at Maine. Pinson also finished second in voting for the 2018-19 NBA G League Rookie of the Year award. In two playoff games for Long Island, Pinson has averaged 19.0 points, 5.0 rebounds, 6.5 assists, 1.0 steals and 1.0 blocks in 37.5 minutes per contest.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 3, 2019
- Golden State Warriors Recall Guard Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Delaware Blue Coats' Norvel Pelle Named to 2018-19 NBA G League All-Defensive Team - Delaware Blue Coats
- Hartenstein and Payton II Selected to All-NBA G Leauge Team, All-Defensive Team - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Lakeland Magic Forward Amile Jefferson Named to All-NBA G League Third Team - Lakeland Magic
- Windy City Bulls Guard Walter Lemon Jr. Named to All-NBA G League Second Team - Windy City Bulls
- Kalin Lucas Receives All-NBA G League Honors - Grand Rapids Drive
- McRae and Chiozza Named to All-NBA G League Teams - Capital City Go-Go
- P.J. Dozier Named to All-NBA G League Team - Maine Red Claws
- Austin Spurs Center Amida Brimah Named to 2018-19 NBA G League All-Defensive Team - Austin Spurs
- Allen Named to 2018-19 All NBA G League Defensive Team - Westchester Knicks
- Agua Caliente Clippers' Angel Delgado & Johnathan Motley Earn All-G League Honors - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Alan Williams and Theo Pinson Receive All-NBA G League Honors - Long Island Nets
- Two-Way Players Maten, Robinson Selected to All-NBA G League Teams, All-Rookie Team - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- MVP and Defensive Player of the Year Chris Boucher Headlines 2018-19 All-NBA G League First Team and All-Defensive Team - G League
- Tucker Leads Vipers to Western Conference Championship - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Conclude 2018-19 Season with Defeat to Rio Grande Valley Vipers, 144-125 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Justin Anderson Named to All-NBA G League Third Team
- Long Island Ends Three-Game Homestand with Loss to Greensboro
- Long Island Nets Fall to Lakeland Despite Second Half Comeback
- Long Island Nets to Host Nassau County AA Boys and Girls Basketball Championships this Sunday, March 8
- Long Island Nets Defeat Delaware for Third-Straight Victory