AirHogs Win a Wild one, Win Streak Extends to Five
Grand Prairie- The AirHogs and Amarillo Sox went to extra innings again with the AirHogs taking Game 2 of the four-game series, 3-2, Friday night at QuikTrip Park. After going 10 innings Thursday night, Friday night's game went to 10 innings again with the same result. The AirHogs took the game on a wild pitch thrown by Josh Giles in the bottom of the 10th. Keanon Simon came across with the winning run. Simon went 2-for-4 in the game including a bunt single to get him on base in the bottom of the 10th. Getting the two RBI's for the AirHogs were Brandon Pinckney and Frazier Hall.
Going seven innings for the AirHogs was starter Jared Mortensen, who gave up two runs but was impressive with the fact that he struckout 12 Sox batters on the night. Getting the win in the game was Jakob Cunningham who pitched the top of the 10th. He gave up two walks to get runners on but came out of the inning with neither runner scoring.
Grand Prairie and Amarillo are half way through a four-game series. The next game will be Saturday night at QuikTrip Park with first pitch at 7:05 P.M. Brandon Bargas will be getting his third start for the AirHogs.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 21, 2013
- Lemurs Feast on the T-Bones - Laredo Lemurs
- Ramon's Triple Gives Goldeyes Split of Double Dip - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Costly late innings runs lead to a Diablos' loss - El Paso Diablos
- 'Dogs and Fish Split Doubleheader Friday - Lincoln Saltdogs
- AirHogs Win a Wild one, Win Streak Extends to Five - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints Give Game Away, Lose 5-4 in 10 - St. Paul Saints
- Kolb's 10th-Inning Single Caps Improbable Comeback - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Lemurs' Offensive Explosion Rocks T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
- Brilliant Pitching, Early Homers Lead Wingnuts To Win - Wichita Wingnuts
- Goldeyes Drop First Game of Doubleheader to Saltdogs - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Spirit Race 5K Takes off from CommunityAmerica Ballpark on Saturday - Kansas City T-Bones
- Diablos Braves Purchase Luna's Contract - El Paso Diablos
- Braves Purchase Contract of Omar Luna - El Paso Diablos
- Help the Wingnuts Battle Hunger on Tuesday - Wichita Wingnuts
- Everything is Vintage During Saints June 24-26 Homestand - St. Paul Saints
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - June 21st, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Results - AA
- Canaries Lose Series Opener in El Paso - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Explorers' Rally Comes Up Short In Loss To Wichita - Sioux City Explorers
- Diablos win a 9-6 thriller over Canaries - El Paso Diablos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs