AirHogs Torched in Opener Against Diablos
El Paso- Grand Prairie made their way to El Paso Friday night to start a three-game series with the Diablos and it started off on the wrong foot with an 8-5 loss at Cohen Stadium. For the AirHogs all five runs came from the first four guys in the lineup. Ryan Pineda went 2-for-4 scoring once. Brian Myrow scored once and drove one in going 2-for-4 in the game. Brandon Pinckney scored twice and Andres Rodriguez scored the final run for the AirHogs. Palmer Karr Jr. drove in two of those runs. Rian Kiniry went 1-for-3 including an RBI. The AirHogs efforts were not enough to beat the Diablos who had 8 runs on 12 hits.
Derek Blacksher was the losing pitcher Friday, going six innings and allowing seven runs on nine hits. Blacksher struck out six and walked six. Boomer Potts pitched the seventh allowing one run on one hit, his first run given up as an AirHog. Potts did strike out one of the batters he faced. Justin Dowdy closed the game allowing two hits but no runs and striking out one Diablo.
The AirHogs and Diablos will begin Game 2 Saturday night at 7:05 P.M. at Cohen Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 3, 2013
- Birds Falter against Kansas City - Sioux Falls Canaries
- First-place Sox extend their lead in the South - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Patton Leads the Sox to Win Over Lemurs - Laredo Lemurs
- Early Power, Late Zing Helps Dogs Down X's 3-1 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lincoln Takes Second Game Of Series From Explorers 3-1 - Sioux City Explorers
- Alberts, RedHawks Bash Goldeyes, 12-5 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- RailCats Earn Their 18th One-Run Win of the Season - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Goldeyes Remain Winless against RedHawks in 2013 - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Clutch Wingnuts Strike Late Again - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Still Winless in Gary, Lose 3-2 to RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - August 3rd, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- AirHogs Torched in Opener Against Diablos - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Steinkamp to be Honored by NBC World Series - Wichita Wingnuts
- Babineau Lifts RailCats on Saturday Morning - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Clock Strikes Midnight on Saints in 5-2 Loss to RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Diablos take game 1, winning 8-5! - El Paso Diablos
- Back and Fourth Match Goes to the Sox - Laredo Lemurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs