AirHogs Swept for Second Straight Series
Laredo- The Grand Prairie AirHogs lost at Laredo Wednesday afternoon, 8-2 and fell to 0-6 on the season.
In the third inning Grand Prairie struck first with Keanon Simon leading off with a double. Simon would score the game's first run on a fielder's choice by Brian Myrow. Laredo scored three times in the fourth inning and twice in the fifth and sixth to break the game open. Grand Prairie's second run came in the top of the sixth inning when Juan Richardson homered for the third time this season.
Grand Prairie starter Derek Blacksher (0-2) took the loss. Blacksher worked five and a third and gave up seven earned runs on nine base hits. He also struck out three and walked none but gave up two home runs.
The AirHogs open a three game series at Amarillo against the Sox on Thursday at 7:05 P.M.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from May 22, 2013
- Lincoln's Big Second Inning Sinks T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
- Sox swept at home by Winnipeg for second consecutive year - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Parise Strong, Douglas Breaks out in 'Dogs Victory - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Sox drop third straight in extra inning loss to Winnipeg - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Saints and Canaries Washed Out, Double Header Thursday - St. Paul Saints
- Canaries and Saints Postponed - Sioux Falls Canaries
- AirHogs Swept for Second Straight Series - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Big First Inning Leads to 5-1 Loss For RailCats - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- American Association Roundup - May 22, 2013 - AA
- Smith Leads Wingnuts to Winning Road Trip - Wichita Wingnuts
- Goldeyes Announce Upcoming Promotions - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Lemurs Offense Erupts, Sweep Airhogs - Laredo Lemurs
- Canaries To Raffle Off Items to Benefit American Red Cross Oklahoma Fund - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Interns Can Strike It Rich With The St. Paul Saints - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Acquire LHP Hanley - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Explorers Announce Upcoming Promotions - Sioux City Explorers
- AirHogs Loss to Laredo Makes It Five Straight - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - May 22nd, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Lemurs Get Walk-Off Bomb by Carroll - Laredo Lemurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs