AirHogs Loss to Laredo Makes It Five Straight
The Grand Prairie AirHogs fell again in Laredo Tuesday night 4-3. Jake Cowan got the start for the AirHogs and left with a no decision. He recorded three strikeouts and gave up no earned runs. Since the two scored against runs were unearned, his ERA remains at 0.00. Marshall Schuler and Patrick Mincey both pitched for the AirHogs as well neither giving up runs. Receiving the loss for the AirHogs was Justin Dowdy who gave up two runs in the bottom of the ninth.
As far as the bats go for the AirHogs Angel Flores and Brandon Pinckney each got two hits. Flores raised his season batting average to .333. Pinckney also raised his batting average total to .368. In the fifth inning Joe Staley hit his first home run of the season. Also recording RBI's for the AirHogs is Brian Myrow and Angel Flores.
The Air Hogs will try to turn around their season Wednesday morning at 10 A.M.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from May 22, 2013
- Lincoln's Big Second Inning Sinks T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
- Sox swept at home by Winnipeg for second consecutive year - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Parise Strong, Douglas Breaks out in 'Dogs Victory - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Sox drop third straight in extra inning loss to Winnipeg - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Saints and Canaries Washed Out, Double Header Thursday - St. Paul Saints
- Canaries and Saints Postponed - Sioux Falls Canaries
- AirHogs Swept for Second Straight Series - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Big First Inning Leads to 5-1 Loss For RailCats - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- American Association Roundup - May 22, 2013 - AA
- Smith Leads Wingnuts to Winning Road Trip - Wichita Wingnuts
- Goldeyes Announce Upcoming Promotions - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Lemurs Offense Erupts, Sweep Airhogs - Laredo Lemurs
- Canaries To Raffle Off Items to Benefit American Red Cross Oklahoma Fund - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Interns Can Strike It Rich With The St. Paul Saints - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Acquire LHP Hanley - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Explorers Announce Upcoming Promotions - Sioux City Explorers
- AirHogs Loss to Laredo Makes It Five Straight - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - May 22nd, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Lemurs Get Walk-Off Bomb by Carroll - Laredo Lemurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs