AirHogs Split Doubleheader vs. Saltdogs
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - The Texas AirHogs split a doubleheader vs. the Lincoln Saltdogs Sunday, ending the series with an 11-2 loss and a 6-5 walkoff win. The AirHogs next travel to Cleburne to battle the RailRoaders Monday at 7:06 p.m.
Texas dropped Game 1 11-2. Greg Golson picked up a two-RBI double, but Lincoln exploded for seven runs in the top of the sixth to run away with the win. Cody White (0-3) suffered the loss after allowing eight runs while pitching into the sixth. Austin Robichaux started for Lincoln, allowing two runs on six hits over 4.2 innings. Derek Gordon (7-1) would end up earning the win after 2.1 innings of scoreless relief.
Lincoln was led by Randolph Oduber and TJ Bennett in the first contest. Oduber finished with three hits, three runs, and three RBIs. Bennett also went off for three hits and three RBIs.
The AirHogs rebounded in Game 2 in dramatic fashion. Down 5-1 in the bottom of the sixth, Correlle Prime hit a grand slam to equalize the contest at 5-5. The grand slam was the first of the season for Texas and was the sixth homer of the year for Prime.
Taylor Wright (4-2) held the Lincoln offense scoreless in the seventh and eighth, posting his final zero with the help of a spectacular play by Casio Grider up in the middle to preserve the tie in the first extra inning.
Grider would lead off the bottom of the eighth with a single and eventually swipe third base after advancing to second on an infield single from Golson. New outfielder Javion Randle picked up the walkoff RBI with a sacrifice to center to score Grider. The walkoff was the fourth of the season for Texas.
Shairon Martis (2-5) suffered the loss after allowing the game-winning run. The defeat dropped Lincoln back below .500 at 42-43. Golson led the way for Texas with a pair of hits.
The AirHogs (22-63) open a three-game split series vs. the RailRoaders (28-57) tomorrow at The Depot. Starting pitchers for both teams are TBA. A live stream of the game will be available at mixlr.com/TXAirHogs.
The AirHogs - powered by Beijing Shougang Eagles return home Wednesday vs. Cleburne. Visit AirHogsBaseball.com for more information on tickets for all AirHogs home games. For the latest news, follow the team on Twitter and Facebook @TXAirHogs.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 20, 2018
- Saints Slug Way into First, Crush Season High Five Home Runs in 9-5 Victory over Canaries - St. Paul Saints
- Late Comeback Falls Short in Wichita - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Railroaders Take Opener from AirHogs - Cleburne Railroaders
- AirHogs Fall in Nail-Biter at the Depot - Texas AirHogs
- Four-Run Fourth Supports Harman, Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Dogs Win Resumption over RailCats 8-0, Game Two Postponed and Rescheduled for Tuesday - Chicago Dogs
- RailCats Shutout by Dogs 8-0 in Resumption of Suspended Game - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- RailCats Sign LHP Wright to First American Association Contract - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Oduber Earns American Association Player of the Week Award - Lincoln Saltdogs
- RedHawks' Solomon Named AA Pitcher of the Week - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- AirHogs Split Doubleheader vs. Saltdogs - Texas AirHogs
- X's Sweep Series and Season from Goldeyes - Sioux City Explorers
- Saltdogs and AirHogs Split Marathon Doubleheader - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.