Dogs Win Resumption over RailCats 8-0, Game Two Postponed and Rescheduled for Tuesday
Rosemont, Ill. - 47 Days after its suspension the Dogs won the resumption of an Independence Day game against the Gary SouthShore RailCats Monday by a final score of 8-0.
The game, which began at U.S Steel Yard in Gary, Ind. in early July, resumed Monday at Impact Field with the Dogs playing as the road team in their home ballpark. Chicago built on a month-old 2-0 lead, adding five runs in the top of the fifth inning, and one more in the top of the sixth to seal the victory.
The game served as the precursor to Monday's regularly scheduled contest between the RailCats and Dogs. However, the back end of the twin bill at Impact Field was postponed due to inclement weather, and has been rescheduled as part of another doubleheader Tuesday, August 21 at Impact Field beginning at 5:05 p.m.
Chicago scored five runs on five hits in the top of the fifth inning of the resumed game. After Tony Rosselli and Matt Dean led the inning off with consecutive hits, Mike Falsetti and Treysen Vavra each followed with two-run singles to put the Dogs in front 7-0.
Stephen Perez popped his third home run of the year-a solo shot to left field-in the top of the sixth inning to push the Dogs in front 8-0.
Rich Mascheri resumed his outing from July 4 and pitched five more scoreless innings in Monday's resumption. The left-hander ultimately pitched six scoreless innings, allowing three hits, and striking out five batters to record his third win of the year. Mascheri lowered his season earned run average to 1.80 with the start.
The game marked the third shutout of the year for the Dogs and first for Chicago since June 6.
Fans with ticket(s) to Monday's regularly scheduled game, which was postponed, can redeem their ticket(s) for a ticket(s) of equal or lesser value at any future Dogs 2018 home game. Tickets to Tuesday's regularly scheduled game are now valid for both games of Tuesday's doubleheader.
Fans with questions are encouraged to contact their Chicago Dogs ticket sales representative by calling (847) 656-5450.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 20, 2018
- Saints Slug Way into First, Crush Season High Five Home Runs in 9-5 Victory over Canaries - St. Paul Saints
- Late Comeback Falls Short in Wichita - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Railroaders Take Opener from AirHogs - Cleburne Railroaders
- AirHogs Fall in Nail-Biter at the Depot - Texas AirHogs
- Four-Run Fourth Supports Harman, Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Dogs Win Resumption over RailCats 8-0, Game Two Postponed and Rescheduled for Tuesday - Chicago Dogs
- RailCats Shutout by Dogs 8-0 in Resumption of Suspended Game - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- RailCats Sign LHP Wright to First American Association Contract - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Oduber Earns American Association Player of the Week Award - Lincoln Saltdogs
- RedHawks' Solomon Named AA Pitcher of the Week - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- AirHogs Split Doubleheader vs. Saltdogs - Texas AirHogs
- X's Sweep Series and Season from Goldeyes - Sioux City Explorers
- Saltdogs and AirHogs Split Marathon Doubleheader - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Dogs Stories
- Dogs and Saltdogs Suspended in Rosemont, Will Resume Sunday
- Wilson's Late Blast Lifts Dogs to Series Win over St. Paul
- Dogs to Host Gold Glove Charities Event Benefitting Children Fighting Cancer
- Torrez, Vavra Lead Chicago to 6-3 Win over St. Paul
- Dogs Spoil Strong Start from Simms, Lose 2-1