AirHogs Outslug Kansas City in 7-5 Victory
Grand Prairie - The AirHogs scored early and often against the Kansas City T-Bones to claim their first home victory of 7-5. They picked a great day to do it in front of an attendance of 5,298 mostly school kids out for the first education day of the year. The kids got in to it and gave the AirHogs a little bit of a fire as they came out swinging early. In the first inning the Hogs scored three off of Brian Myrow homerun and then a Juan Richardson homerun. The longballs didn't stop there as Aaron King hit a three run shot in the seventh. King went 4-4 on the day including his homerun raising his batting average to .387. Also contributing with an RBI each was Yasutsugu Nishimoto and Brandon Pinckney.
The T-Bones found themselves down early but managed to tie it up 4-4 in the fourth inning. Then the three run seventh for the AirHogs proved insurmountable as the T-Bones only managed to get one more across. Getting the loss for the T-Bones was Ethan Cole.
On the mound for the AirHogs was starter Jake Cowan who went six innings and left with a no decision. Cowan also fanned it by four batters. David Quinowski got his first win of the season with an inning and a third allowing no runs. Quinowski's ERA remains at 0.00 and he struck out two. Patrick Mincey came in for two-thirds of an inning and gave up zero runs as well. His ERA remains at 0.00. Justin Dowdy came in to close and gets the save for the AirHogs.
The AirHogs now find themselves in a position they haven't been in this year with a two game win streak. They will return to QuikTrip Park tomorrow morning against the T-Bones. First pitch is scheduled for 10:35 A.M.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from May 28, 2013
- 'Dogs and Diablos Split First Two Games of Series - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Wingnuts Led by Another Team Effort - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats Fall 6-4 in Rain-Shortened Game - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Lemurs Lose Second in a Row to Goldeyes - Laredo Lemurs
- Scoma Extra Good in Goldeyes Win - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Saints a Part of History in 10-1 Loss to Les Aigles - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Afternoon Roundup - AA
- Canaries Come Up Short in Fargo, 6-5 - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Bullpen Comes up Big in RedHawks 6-5 Defeat of Sioux Falls - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- AirHogs Outslug Kansas City in 7-5 Victory - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- AirHogs Blast Three Homers in Series-Opening Win - Kansas City T-Bones
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - May 28th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Fish Celebrate Championship and Home Opener Win - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- American Association Recaps - AA
- Wingnuts' Balanced Effort Beats Sox - Wichita Wingnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs