AirHogs Go Deep in Victory Over Lemurs
Laredo- Dropping the first game the Grand Prairie AirHogs (42-36) made sure to keep this series with the Laredo Lemurs close winning Friday night at Uni-Trade Stadium 6-4. The difference coming from the big bats of Ryan Pineda and Palmer Karr Jr., who each homered in the game. Palmer Karr had his seventh come in the fourth inning as a solo shot and also with a solo bomb was Ryan Pineda, with his sixth homer of the year. Karr's homer was the second time he crossed home. Rian Kiniry went 2-for-3 in the game with two RBIs. Also having a big game was Yasutsugu Nishimoto who went 2-for-4, scoring twice and driving in one. Chad Mozingo had an RBI as well in the game.
Brandon Bargas started for the AirHogs, pitching 4.1 innings allowing four runs, only three earned, on seven hits. Bargas struck out one Lemur and left with a no decision. Getting his first win with the AirHogs was Stephen Nikonchik who went 2.2 innings allowing no runs, no hits and striking out one Lemur. Jakob Cunningham came in and pitched a perfect inning. Patrick Mincey closed the game and picked up his seventeenth save of the year striking out one Lemur and allowing no hits or runs.
Taking Game 2 the AirHogs have tied the series at a game apiece between them and the Lemurs. With the win the AirHogs have brought themselves to a half-game back from Laredo in the South Division standings. Hoping to lead the division for the first time this year the Lemurs and AirHogs meet Saturday night at 7:30 P.M. at Uni-Trade Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 10, 2013
- Lemurs Pitching Staff Hold Off AirHogs - Laredo Lemurs
- Seven Runs and 13 Hits Not Enough for KC - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saints Offense Goes Nuts in Late Innings to Rally for 7-5 Victory over Sioux City - St. Paul Saints
- Bougher Controls RailCats in 4-1 Win of Saltdogs - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Bougher Bodacious, Gac Drops B-Day Bomb as 'Dogs Win Again - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Play Suspended in Winnipeg - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Wingnuts Split Well-Pitched Twinbill - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats Add to Bullpen - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- AirHogs Go Deep in Victory Over Lemurs - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saltdogs Add Experienced Bat, Third Baseman in Trade - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - August 10th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Diablos split double header against Amarillo - El Paso Diablos
- Explorers Take Down St. Paul 3-1 - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs