Admirals Slip by IceHogs 2-1
Milwaukee, Wis.- They don't ask how in hockey, they ask how many. On Friday night the Milwaukee Admirals outlasted the Rockford IceHogs 2-1 at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
A bit of bad luck put Rockford down 2-1 in the third period. Taylor Beck's pass from the right wing in the Rockford zone deflected off of Wade Brookbank's stick and past Carter Hutton at 9:50. It was Beck's fifth goal on the campaign.
Rockford couldn't get the equalizer despite 14 third period shots on Jeremy Smith. Hutton made 36 saves in the loss.
Like Wednesday night, Milwaukee jumped out to the early first period lead. Winger Jani Lajunen tipped a Charles-Olivier Roussel point shot under Hutton and in for his first goal of the season at 2:29.
Later in the frame Rockford tied it with a nice effort from Brandon Bollig on the power play. Bollig's redirect off an Adam Clendening shot was blocked down by Smith, but Bollig's second effort, as he was falling to the ice, snuck past Smith at 8:33 for his third goal of the season.
A second period flurry by Milwaukee resulted in 19 shots on Hutton, but the Hogs backstop turned them all away to keep the game tied 1-1 after 40 minutes of hockey.
The IceHogs held Milwaukee to 0-4 on the power play while finishing 1-4 on their end. Friday's game was the third in eight days in Milwaukee for Rockford and the IceHogs finished the stretch 1-1-1-0.
Next Home Game: Saturday, Dec. 22 vs. Abbotsford Heat at 7:05 p.m. The IceHogs host the Western Conference's top team on Saturday for Stan Mikita Night. Blackhawks Ambassador and Hall of Famer Stan Mikita will be on hand to meet and greet fans. The first 1,500 fans through the gates will get a mini-stick, compliments of U.S. Cellular.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 22, 2012
- Rockford Defeat Heat 3-2 - Abbotsford Heat
- Hogs Mount 3-2 Comeback Win - Rockford IceHogs
- Etem Plays the Hero as Admirals Vanquish Devils - Norfolk Admirals
- Sound Tigers fall to Phantoms - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Lashoff Lifts Griffins to O.T. Win over Chicago - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Take Three-Game Win Streak into Holiday Break - Cleveland Monsters
- Crunch Fall to Penguins 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Monarchs Win Saturday Night Special - Manchester Monarchs
- John Hynes Becomes Penguins' All-Time Wins Leader - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Penguins Enter Holiday Break with Win over Crunch - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Grind out 3rd Straight Win - Adirondack Phantoms
- Rampage Charge by Bulldogs 5-2 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Barons Exact Revenge on Stars 6-2 - Texas Stars
- Providence wins over Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Mcelhinney Sets Franchise Record With Sixth Shutout - Springfield Falcons
- B-Sens Rebound against Amerks, 5-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Monsters Beat Houston Aeros 5-2 - Houston Aeros
- Bears Blanked by Falcons - Hershey Bears
- Wolves' Win Streak Ends in OT to Grand Rapids - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Head into Holiday Break with 5-1 Loss to B-Sens - Rochester Americans
- Bruins Defeat Whale 3-1 - Providence Bruins
- Marlies Drop IceCaps for Eighth Win in Ten Games - Toronto Marlies
- IceCaps Can't Catch Marlies - St. John's IceCaps
- Hogs Host Heat for First Meeting this Season - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Slip by IceHogs 2-1 - Rockford IceHogs
- Forward Darren Kramer Reassigned to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield At Hershey, Game #27 - Springfield Falcons
- Houston Aeros Recall Caron and Petersen from Orlando - Houston Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.