B-Sens Rebound against Amerks, 5-1
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. - After last night's loss in Rochester, the Binghamton Senators came back to beat the Amerks tonight, 5-1, to split their weekend series. The B-Sens now have a 3-1 record against Rochester this season.
In the first period, forward Shane Prince put the B-Sens on the board with his fifth goal of the season at 14:31, assisted by Cole Schneider and Andre Benoit. At 16:16, the B-Sens capitalized on a power play opportunity as Benoit netted his ninth of the year. Jakob Silfverberg and Patrick Wiercioch were credited with the assists as the B-Sens would head into the first intermission with a 2-0 lead.
The Amerks cut Binghamton's lead in half at 18:53 of the second frame on a goal by defenseman Jerome Gauthier-Leduc. Luke Adam and Mark Mancari were credited with the helpers. The B-Sens would regain their two-goal advantage when Mark Stone, assisted by Derek Grant and Eric Gryba, beat Rochester backstop Connor Knapp at 19:07.
In the third, Silfverberg scored his team-leading eleventh goal of the season at 9:48 with helpers from Mike Hoffman and Stephane Da Costa. Hoffman would top off Binghamton's 5-1 victory with an unassisted goal of his own at 18:26.
Robin Lehner started in net for Binghamton and earned his tenth win of the year, making 34 saves on 35 shots. Knapp stopped 32 of 37 shots for Rochester, coming away with the loss.
The B-Sens see action again on Wednesday, December 26, as they'll host the Syracuse Crunch at 7:05 p.m. at the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena. Tickets are $19 for side seats and $18 for ends. Fans can purchase tickets through all Ticketmaster outlets, at the BCVMA box office, or through the Senators executive office by calling (607) 722-7367 or stopping in.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 22, 2012
- Rockford Defeat Heat 3-2 - Abbotsford Heat
- Hogs Mount 3-2 Comeback Win - Rockford IceHogs
- Etem Plays the Hero as Admirals Vanquish Devils - Norfolk Admirals
- Sound Tigers fall to Phantoms - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Lashoff Lifts Griffins to O.T. Win over Chicago - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Take Three-Game Win Streak into Holiday Break - Cleveland Monsters
- Crunch Fall to Penguins 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Monarchs Win Saturday Night Special - Manchester Monarchs
- John Hynes Becomes Penguins' All-Time Wins Leader - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Penguins Enter Holiday Break with Win over Crunch - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Grind out 3rd Straight Win - Adirondack Phantoms
- Rampage Charge by Bulldogs 5-2 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Barons Exact Revenge on Stars 6-2 - Texas Stars
- Providence wins over Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Mcelhinney Sets Franchise Record With Sixth Shutout - Springfield Falcons
- B-Sens Rebound against Amerks, 5-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Monsters Beat Houston Aeros 5-2 - Houston Aeros
- Bears Blanked by Falcons - Hershey Bears
- Wolves' Win Streak Ends in OT to Grand Rapids - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Head into Holiday Break with 5-1 Loss to B-Sens - Rochester Americans
- Bruins Defeat Whale 3-1 - Providence Bruins
- Marlies Drop IceCaps for Eighth Win in Ten Games - Toronto Marlies
- IceCaps Can't Catch Marlies - St. John's IceCaps
- Hogs Host Heat for First Meeting this Season - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Slip by IceHogs 2-1 - Rockford IceHogs
- Forward Darren Kramer Reassigned to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield At Hershey, Game #27 - Springfield Falcons
- Houston Aeros Recall Caron and Petersen from Orlando - Houston Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.