Admirals Sign Jean-Michel Rizk to PTO
NORFOLK - The Norfolk Admirals have signed forward Jean-Michel Rizk to a Professional Tryout Contract (PTO). Rizk joins the Admirals from their ECHL affiliate, the Fort Wayne Komets, for his second stint with Norfolk in the 2012-13 season.
Rizk, 6-foot-1, 195 pounds, has appeared in 61 games with the Komets this season, notching 19 goals and 31 points with 56 penalty minutes. He ranks third with Fort Wayne in goals and points. Rizk also made his AHL debut with the Admirals on Jan. 15th vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, recording one shot on goal in his only game with Norfolk this season thus far.
A 26-year-old native of New Liskeard, Ontario, Rizk has appeared in 127 career professional games between the Admirals, Komets, Wheeling Nailers of the ECHL and Flint Generals of the UHL. The second-year professional was selected in the seventh round (195th overall) of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft by the Minnesota Wild. He played four seasons of collegiate hockey at Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo, Ontario, posting 64 goals and 131 points in 98 career games.
Norfolk begins a three-game road trip tonight at 7:00 p.m. against the Charlotte Checkers in Game 7 of the GEICO Challenge Cup. All games can be heard on 102.1-FM, 1490-AM or 1021TheGame.com. You may also watch at AHLLive.com.
The Admirals return to Scope on March 19-20 to face off against the Adirondack Phantoms. Both games are Admirals Value Nights, with Family Fun Packs and Student Rush Night tickets available.
Family Fun Packs include four discounted Red Level Tickets plus four free hot dogs, four free popcorns and four free sodas. Fans get all of that for just $54 - that's a savings of $37!
Student Rush Nights provide $9 White Level Tickets (normally $17 on game nights) for students with a valid current high school or college ID. In addition, when you buy a Student Rush Night Ticket, you get a buy-one, get-one free offer for the next Student Rush Night.
Family Fun Packs are available at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 or online at Ticketmaster.com. Student Rush Night Tickets are available ONLY at the Scope Box Office after 2:00 p.m. on the day of the game.
Don't miss a minute of Admirals action by purchasing your season tickets today. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com anytime.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 13, 2013
- Trio of Games with Toronto Starts with Close Loss - Cleveland Monsters
- Stars Beat the Heat 4-3 - Texas Stars
- Griffins Earn Dramatic O.T. Win in Showdown with Chicago - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rivermen Come up Empty in Milwaukee - Peoria Rivermen
- Canadiens Assign Greg Pateryn to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Pirates Special Teams Key in 6-3 Victory - Portland Pirates
- Checkers Fall Short against Norfolk - Charlotte Checkers
- Amerks Extend Point Streak to Six with 3-1 Win over B-Sens - Rochester Americans
- Toronto Defeats Lake Erie 2-1 at Ricoh - Toronto Marlies
- Late Rally Not Enough - Adirondack Phantoms
- Four Power Play Goals Lead Sharks Past Penguins - Worcester Sharks
- Wolves Struck by Grand Rapids OT Lightning - Chicago Wolves
- Power Play Lifts Sharks over Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- B-Sens Fall to Amerks, 3-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Mitchell Scores Twice as Admirals Win Third Straight - Norfolk Admirals
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Darcy Kuemper To Houston Aeros - Houston Aeros
- Florida Panthers Recall Jon Rheault - San Antonio Rampage
- Goloubef Recalled By Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Reassign Howse to Utah - Abbotsford Heat
- Amerks Season Tickets for 2013-14 Season Now on Sale - Rochester Americans
- Barons Release Brett Clark from His AHL Contract - Oklahoma City Barons
- Update on Blake Geoffrion - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals Sign Jean-Michel Rizk to PTO - Norfolk Admirals
- Wednesday Texas Preview - Abbotsford Heat
- Three Games in Four Nights on Tap for Amerks this Week - Rochester Americans
- Winnipeg Jets Jets Recall Patrice Cormier from St. John's - St. John's IceCaps
- Islanders Recall Ullstrom from Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Win Trip to Follow IceCaps on Road Versus Toronto, Hamilton - St. John's IceCaps
- Devante Smith-Pelly Re-Joins Admirals from Anaheim - Norfolk Admirals
- Pirates Continue Playoff Push against Phantoms - Portland Pirates
- Phantoms Weekly - 7-Game Road Trip - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.