Admirals Can't Hold Lead against Griffins
Milwaukee, WI - Freddy Gaudreau and Brandon Bollig scored the first two goals of the game to stake the Admirals to a 2-0 advantage, but Grand Rapids would score the next six as they defeated the Ads 6-2 on Saturday night at Panther Arena.
The loss snapped a three-game winning streak for Milwaukee and dropped them seven points behind Rockford for the fourth and final playoff spot in the division. The Ads still have seven games remaining the regular season to make up the gap, while the IceHogs, who defeated San Jose tonight, have six.
Gaudreau got the Admirals on the board just 1:59 into the game with his 20th tally of the season. Stationed on the right post, Gaudreau took a Jimmy Oligny pass from the boards that snuck through a sea of legs and right to Gaudreau's stick for an easy tap-in.
Bollig made it 2-0 Milwaukee just over half-way through the second period. Tyler Moy skated behind the Grand Rapids net before stopping on a dime and dishing a backhand to Bollig, who had an easy tap-in for his second goal as an Admiral.
That was the end of the good news for the Admirals however, as Grand Rapids scored the next five goals beginning with a Robbie Russo tally at 12:56 of the second. The Griffins then scored three times in a 3:20 span at the end of the second and the beginning of the third for a 4-2 advantage.
The Admirals look to get back on the winning track when they begin a busy four-game week by traveling to Chicago on Tuesday night to face the Wolves before returning to Panther Arena on Wednesday night to host Cleveland at 7 pm.
Tickets can be purchased by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000, by logging on to milwaukeeadmirals.com or by visiting the Admirals office at 510 W. Kilbourn Ave. Groups of 10 or more people receive significant discounts off the regular price ticket. People interested in groups should call the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 31, 2018
- Rampage Split Weekend Series against Heat After 4-1 Loss - San Antonio Rampage
- Hogs Bury Barracuda with 4-Goal Third Period - Rockford IceHogs
- Monsters Drop Tight-Checking Tilt in Ontario, 5-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolves' Magic Number Drops to 3 in Shootout Loss - Chicago Wolves
- Blue-Collar Heat Outwork San Antonio for 4-1 Win - Stockton Heat
- Four-Goal Third Period Propels Amerks Past Devils - Rochester Americans
- Barracuda Downed by Rockford's Four-Goal Third - San Jose Barracuda
- Iowa Falls to Tucson 4-3 - Iowa Wild
- Bridgeport scores once shorthanded, twice on the power play, and twice at even strength in Saturday's win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Checkers Snap Seven-Game Crunch Streak with 4-1 Win - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Can't Hold Lead against Griffins - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bau Scores Twice as Bears Ground Rocket, 6-3 - Hershey Bears
- Bridgeport Batters Wolf Pack 5-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- T-Birds Put up Five in Front of Sellout Crowd, But Are Stunned by Comets - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sens Beaten in First Visit to Allentown - Belleville Senators
- Penguins Lose Heated Battle with Bruins, 3-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Devils Lose Lead in 5-3 Loss to Amerks - Binghamton Devils
- P-Bruins Magic Number Down to Four After 3-1 Win over Penguins - Providence Bruins
- Comets Reign over Thunderbirds in a Wild Affair - Utica Comets
- McKegg Leads Checkers to Win over Red-Hot Syracuse - Charlotte Checkers
- Moose Eclipsed by Marlies Late - Manitoba Moose
- Rampage Sign Defenseman Neal Goff to Amateur Tryout Contract - San Antonio Rampage
- Marlies Set American Hockey League Road Wins Record - Toronto Marlies
- Reign Sign Mikey Eyssimont to ATO - Ontario Reign
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Flames Recall Defenseman Oliver Kylington on Emergency Basis - Stockton Heat
- Game Preview: Condors Host San Diego at 7 p.m. - Bakersfield Condors
- Red-Hot Hogs Seek to School Barracuda - Rockford IceHogs
- Game #63 Preview: Tucson at Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rampage Defenseman Chris Butler Recalled Under Emergency Conditions - San Antonio Rampage
- Game Preview: Rocket Fly into Hershey on Dietz & Watson Ham Shoot Night - Hershey Bears
- G Alex Lyon Recalled by Flyers - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Phantoms, March 31 - Belleville Senators
- Round 2 in Manitoba - Toronto Marlies
- Penguins Sign Niclas Almari to ATO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sabres Assign Criscuolo to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Monsters Outlasted by Gulls, 3-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Condors Road Point Streak Ends in Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Roadrunners Post Six to Outlast Iowa Friday Night - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Tripped by Marlies 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.