Admirals Bust out for Win over Stars
Milwaukee, WI - The Milwaukee Admirals busted out for five goals in the second period as they cruised to a 6-2 win over the Texas Stars on Tuesday night at Panther Arena. The win pulled the Admirals even with the Stars and Rockford IceHogs for the fourth and final playoff spot in the Central Division.
The win also snapped a six-game home losing skid for the Admirals, marking their first victory at Panther Arena since January 26.
Things didn't start well for Milwaukee as they fell behind 2-0 early in the second period on goals from Texas' Michael Mersch and Denis Gurianov.
However from their the Ads offense exploded as they scored five times in the second, including three in a 3:37 span to go up 3-2. Anthony got the scoring going with his 19th of the season at 7:14 and that was followed by a Garret Ross deflection to knot the score at the 9:34 mark.
Vince Pedire tallied what would be the game-winning goal at 10:51 of the second when he ripped a slapper from the top of the right circle over the shoulder of Landon Bow to make the score 3-2. Laurent Dauphin and Jarred Tinordi finished up the scoring for Milwaukee in the second to make it 5-2 after 40 minutes of play.
It was the first time since January 30, 2016 that the Admirals scored five goals in a period.
Joe Pendenza finished the scoring for Milwaukee with a shorthanded goal, the team's second of the night, at 7:46 of the third period.
Pendenza (1g-1a), Justin Kirkland (2a), Tinordi (1g-1a), and Richard (1g-1a) paced the Admirals offense on the night as 13 different players found their way onto the scoresheet.
Troy Grosenick stopped 23 of 25 shots he faced to pick up his 16th win of the season.
The Admirals get back at it when they play host to the Chicago Wolves at 7 pm at Panther Arena in a game that will feature a post-game concert with Judah & the Lion.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 5, 2019
- Stars Stunned by Admirals in Final Meeting - Texas Stars
- Admirals Bust out for Win over Stars - Milwaukee Admirals
- Delia Recalled by Chicago - Rockford IceHogs
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Steel, Larsson - San Diego Gulls
- Bears Weekly: March Features Key Atlantic Division Battles - Hershey Bears
- Coreau, LaLeggia Highlight Shootout Win - San Antonio Rampage
- Luchuk Reassigned to Brampton - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? March 5, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- Join Delia, McArdle & Watson at Prairie Street Brewing Co. this Thursday - Rockford IceHogs
- Moose Host Autism Awareness Game on Saturday - Manitoba Moose
- Wolves Drop Shootout to Rampage - Chicago Wolves
- Ontario Reign 5K Walk & Run Scheduled for March 30 - Ontario Reign
- Wolf Pack Release Zach Tolkinen from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Blues' Jordan Binnington Named Ephesus/AHL Graduate of the Month - AHL
- Griffins Return Home for Two, Visit Milwaukee - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Flames Assign Michael Stone to Stockton on Conditioning Assignment - Stockton Heat
- Appleby Reassigned to Jacksonville - Manitoba Moose
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 22 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Weekly: Penguins Continue Playoff Push with Three-Game Home Stand - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Philadelphia Recalls F Justin Bailey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Dal Colle, Ho-Sang Emergency Recalled by Islanders - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: March 5 - Manitoba Moose
- Roadrunners Weekly - March 4, 2019 - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.