Adam Duvall Named International League Batter of the Week
LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. - Gwinnett Stripers outfielder Adam Duvall has been named the International League Batter of the Week for August 26-September 2, the league announced Tuesday.
Duvall, 30, batted .364 (8-for-22) with one double, one triple, three home runs, eight runs scored, nine RBIs, and a league-best 1.457 OPS in seven games during the final week of the season. In addition to OPS, he led the IL in runs scored, on-base percentage (.548), and slugging percentage (.909), and ranked in the top five in walks (2nd, 8), RBIs (T-2nd), triples (T-3rd), homers (T-3rd), and total bases (T-3rd, 20).
Selected as a 2019 IL Postseason All-Star, Duvall batted .266 (98-for-369) with 20 doubles, four triples, 32 home runs, 74 runs scored, 93 RBIs, and one stolen base in 101 games with the Stripers this season. He set Gwinnett single-season records in homers and RBIs (surpassing Ernesto Mejia's 28 homers in 2013 and 92 RBIs in 2012), and ranked among the IL top 10 in slugging percentage (1st, .602), homers (2nd), RBIs (2nd), OPS (2nd, .966), extra-base hits (T-6th, 56), and total bases (9th, 222). Duvall has also played 26 Major League games with the Atlanta Braves this year, batting .241 (20-for-83) with three doubles, six home runs, 12 runs scored, 11 RBIs, and a .783 OPS.
Duvall is the fifth Gwinnett player to earn an IL weekly award this season, joining Mike Soroka (IL Pitcher of the Week for April 4-7), Andres Blanco (IL Batter of the Week for April 8-14), Austin Riley (IL Batter of the Week for May 6-12), and Jack Lopez (IL Batter of the Week for June 17-23).
Duvall and the IL South Division champion Stripers host games one and two of the 2019 Governors' Cup Playoffs on Wednesday, September 4 and Thursday, September 5, both at 7:05 p.m. vs. Columbus. Both games are presented by Coolray Heating & Cooling. Playoff tickets, including the Coolray Pack (Infield Box ticket, hot dog, and 12oz soda for $8) and All-You-Can-Eat Seat (Field Box ticket, plus access to all-you-can-eat food service including hot dogs, hamburgers, peanuts, popcorn, chips, soda, and water for $25) are on sale now at GoStripers.com.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 3, 2019
- RailRiders score 13 runs in the 7th and 8th innings to claim I.L. North title - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Syracuse Mets End Season with Heartbreaking 14-13 Loss to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders in One-Game Playoff - Syracuse Mets
- Four Indians Headed to Pittsburgh as September Call-Ups - Indianapolis Indians
- Ballpark Golf Returns with â??The Sahlen Field Links' September 18-20 - Buffalo Bisons
- All-You-Can-Eat Packages Highlight Bulls Playoff Run - Durham Bulls
- Chandler Shepherd Named International League Player of the Month - IL
- Ten Takeaways from Indy's 2019 Season - Indianapolis Indians
- Thank You, Fans - Rochester Red Wings
- Adam Duvall Named International League Batter of the Week - Gwinnett Stripers
- International League Players of the Week Named - IL
- Tejay Antone Named International League Pitcher of the Week - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Gwinnett Stripers Stories
- Gwinnett Stripers' Coolray Field to Host Braves Taxi Squad
- Gwinnett Stripers Announce National Anthem Auditions
- Gwinnett Stripers Announce 2020 Promotions Schedule
- Reigning IL Manager of the Year Damon Berryhill Returns to Gwinnett
- Gwinnett Stripers to Debut "Thirsty Thursday" in 2020