Saturday Night Fever:
- Mack Lemieux picked up his first career Triple-A win in the Aces' 13-8 victory over Salt Lake.
- Juniel Querecuto increased his hitting streak to a season-high 11 contests and his run-scoring streak to four games with a solo homer in the opening frame. Over the last 11-game stretch, the veteran infielder is slashing .395/.449/.744 while going 17-for-43 with eight extra-base hits, 12 RBIs and 14 runs scored.
- Drew Ellis reached base safely in his last 22 games with the Aces since July 10, smashing a three-run shot in the opening frame. Since his return on Sept. 10, the Aces' third baseman has slashed .323/.447/.903 with three doubles, five home runs, 12 RBIs and 11 runs scored.
- Alek Thomas has homered in four straight games for the first time in his career following his solo shot in the eighth. The No. 3-rated prospect, according to MLB.com, joined Daulton Varsho as the only Aces this season to go on a four-game homer streak.
- Stuart Fairchild has gone deep in three consecutive contests with a solo shot in seventh, joining Camden Duzenack, Drew Ellis, Jake McCarthy and Ildemaro Vargas to jump out to a three-game dinger streak.
- Lopes bumped his hitting streak to six games with his single in the eighth. Over his stretch, the Aces' infielder has put forth a 9-for-24 showing at the dish with a .375/.423/.625 slash line. Lopes has racked up three doubles, a home run, seven RBIs and a pair of runs scored.
- Cooper Hummel heads into Sunday's contest with at least two hits in seven consecutive games following a 3-for-5 performance with two runs scored and a pair of RBIs. During his seven-game stretch, the Aces' utilityman is slashing .533/.529/.867 with 11 RBIs and eight runs on 16 hits. In 12 appearances this month, Hummel has put forth a .490/.500/.837 slash line with four homers, five doubles, 19 RBIs and 13 runs scored.
- Jesus Liranzo tossed his third-straight blank performance out of the bullpen with a two-inning save on Saturday. His scoreless outing marks the 10th scoreless relief appearance since Aug. 1. In his 13 outings since the start of August, the Aces' reliever has registered 20 strikeouts and a 1.98 ERA in 13.2 innings of work. Liranzo reached 300 career frames with his performance on Saturday.
- Jeff Bain will make his first Triple-A start and fifth of the season when he takes the bump on Sunday. In four starts with Amarillo, the right-hander allowed 17 runs on 22 hits with 11 strikeouts across 14.2 innings of work. His last win as a starter came on May 13, 2019, with Visalia against Modesto.
- Tyler Danish will face Reno for the fifth time in his career and the third time this season after making a pair of two-inning relief appearances against the Aces in 2021. The right-hander allowed three runs on eight hits with five strikeouts in his two outings on Aug. 20 and Aug. 24.
- With Vargas reaching the 500-hit plateau, he has his sights set on breaking two more Aces records. The veteran infielder is three runs away (270) from breaking Cole Gillespie's record of 272 and five appearances away (370) from snapping Gillespie's franchise mark of 374 games played. Vargas has 35 stolen bases and 200 RBIs with Reno, needing just one stolen base to tie Evan Frey (36) for fifth in Aces' history and two more RBIs to match Kevin Cron (202) for third all-time.
- Querecuto, with the Aces alone, has recorded 290 base knocks in his three seasons, ranking seventh all-time behind Mike Freeman with 301. The veteran infielder reached 900 hits in his MiLB career and 100 extra-base hits in Triple-A with his performance last night.
- Christian Lopes is just two hits from reaching the 300-mark at the Triple-A level after his 1-for-4 performance against Salt Lake.
- Ryan Weiss picked up his fourth win with the Aces on Friday after hurling two scoreless innings of work with four strikeouts. The right-hander has put forth a stellar nine-game stretch since Aug. 9, allowing just two runs on seven hits with 18 punchouts in 13.1 innings of work to boast a 1.35 ERA.
Look Who's Talking:
- Reno leads all of professional baseball with a .293 batting average and 813 runs scored, becoming one of two MiLB teams with at least 800 tallies (Rancho Cucamonga, 809). The Biggest Little City's squad has recorded a MiLB-leading 1187 hits, leading Las Vegas by 46 hits (1141). The Aces are tied or out-hitting 15 of the 32 MLB teams, including Arizona, in 30 fewer games.
- Blake Lalli's club paces Triple-A batting .310 with 284 runs scored, 402 hits, 63 home runs, 75 doubles and 13 triples after the sixth frame. With its Minor League-leading 284 tallies and .310 batting average in the seventh inning or later, the Biggest Little City's team has nine more runs than Carolina with 275 and 36 more points than second-best Lake Elsinore with a .274 mark.
- In the seventh inning alone, Reno leads all of Minor League Baseball with a .318 batting average and 150 base knocks while being one of three teams to reach the 100-run plateau with 111 tallies.
- The Aces have scored at least 10 runs in 26 contests this season, holding a 22-4 record in such games.
- Reno has mounted 21 comebacks this season, boasting a 14-7 record in contests it erases a deficit of three or more runs to tie the game.
- The Biggest Little City's team has put forth a 17-3 record when its starter tosses at least six innings of work.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A West League message board...
Triple-A West League Stories from September 19, 2021
- Oklahoma City Earns Walk-Off Win over Round Rock - Round Rock Express
- McKinstry's Walk off Blast Wins it for Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Trio of home runs gives River Cats third straight win - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Hold off Sugar Land - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Querecuto Scores Twice, Drives in Three RBIs in Birthday Win - Reno Aces
- Skeeters Nearly Complete Comeback in Afternoon Contest against Isotopes - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Aces Notes - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - September 19, 2021 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Tacoma Rainiers Win Triple-A West Championship - Tacoma Rainiers
- Mathisen, Tauchman slug River Cats to commanding win - Sacramento River Cats
- Tacoma Pulls away in the Ninth - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Aces Drive in 13 Runs in Win over Salt Lake - Reno Aces
- Express Tops Dodgers 8-5 in Saturday Night's Contest - Round Rock Express
- Round Rock Rallies past Dodgers in the Ninth - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Skeeters Defeat Albuquerque to Win Fifth Straight - Sugar Land Skeeters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Aces to Make Toy Donations to Seven Charities Ahead of Holiday Season
- Aces Unveil Six Internal Promotions to Vice President, Director
- Cooper Hummel Named Triple-A West Player of the Month for September
- Aces Third Baseman Drew Ellis Named Triple-A West All Star
- Ellis, Aguilar, Heath and Beer Earn 2021 HOME Awards