905 Tripped up by Nets
Raptors 905 (3-6) lost a nail-biter to the Long Island Nets (2-8) 117-116 at Scotiabank Arena Thursday morning. The game was a part of the Toronto Raptors Giants of Africa celebration and hosted 16, 836 school kids from across the GTA and Peel Region.
Justin Anderson led all scorers with a season-high 40 points and six rebounds in 37 minutes while teammate Jawun Evans recorded his first triple-double of the season with 12 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists in defeat. Long Island was led by two-way player Henry Ellenson who scored 20 points and grabbed eight rebounds, while Brooklyn assignee Rodions Kurucs tacked on 18 points and nine rebounds in the victory.
With only one lead change the whole game, the Nets took the lead early in the first quarter and never looked back until the fourth. Trailing by as many as 18 in the first three quarters, the 905 charged back in the last period of play, outscoring the Nets 38-27. With the score 117-114 in favour of the visitors, Ellenson fouled Anderson on a final second three-point attempt, sending the forward to the free-throw line. After converting the first two shots, Anderson missed the third and Long Island was able to secure the rebound and its second win of the season.
Raptors 905 return to action Saturday, December 7th when they visit Fort Wayne for a 7 p.m. tip. Long Island now travels home to welcome the Santa Cruz Warriors for 7 p.m. meeting tomorrow evening.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 5, 2019
- NAZ Suns Lose as Memphis Hustle Makes History - Northern Arizona Suns
- Big Nights from Cacok and Hearn Not Enough in Salt Lake City - South Bay Lakers
- Hustle Break NBA G League Record for Most Wins to Start a Season - Memphis Hustle
- BayHawks Best the Mad Ants in Triple OT - Erie BayHawks
- Lemon's Scoring off the Bench Not Enough as Mad Ants Fall in Three-Overtime Game at Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Strike Back, Take Down Vipers - Canton Charge
- Herd Posts Tenth Straight Win, Defeats Maine 123-118 - Wisconsin Herd
- Red Claws' Rally Falls Short - Maine Red Claws
- Vipers Drop Road Game to Canton Charge - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hornets Assign Cody Martin to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- 905 Tripped up by Nets - Raptors 905
- Santa Cruz Warriors Drop Lone Season Matchup against Knicks, 104-100 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- 3rd Quarter Downs Drive in South Bay - Grand Rapids Drive
- Spurs Out-Shoot Texas - Texas Legends
- South Bay Shifts into High Gear in Second Half for Home Victory - South Bay Lakers
- Austin Spurs Top Texas Legends 137-126 - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.