Santa Cruz Warriors Drop Lone Season Matchup against Knicks, 104-100
WHITE PLAINS, NY - The Santa Cruz Warriors (5-6) fall 104-100 to the Westchester Knicks (3-8) despite 62 points coming from the Warriors bench. Alen Smailagic jumped to a hot start scoring the first seven points of the game for the Warriors. Smailagic finished the game with 12 points in 19 minutes, before fouling out.
Nick Zeisloft came off the bench to score 11 of his 14 points (3-5 3-FG) in the first half. The team shot 39 percent from the field and 25 percent behind the arc in the opening half to go ahead 53-43.
The Knicks opened the second half on a 11-2 run and the Warriors saw their halftime lead shrink to four points at the end of the third quarter. A 15-0 run in the fourth quarter sparked the Knicks offense to an eight-point lead before the Warriors were able to tie it up 93-93 with 3:54 left in the game. A pair of personal shooting fouls and a technical foul allowed the Knicks to separate themselves and finish the game with a four-point advantage.
Andrew Harrison had a strong outing off the bench scoring 23 points and seven rebounds in 30 minutes. Juan Toscano-Anderson finished the game with 15 rebounds, a new season high. The Warriors finished the game with 50 rebounds, 17 assists and 10 steals. Kadeem Allen (Two-Way Player) and Ignas Brazdeikis both finished with 24 points for the Knicks.
The Warriors are 1-1 on their current road trip and will face the Long Island Nets (1-8) on Friday, December 6 at 4:00 P.M. PST. The Warriors will return to Kaiser Permanente December 8 for a 5:00 p.m. tip against the Windy City Bulls. The first 1,000 fans in attendance will receive a White Out T-Shirt presented by Something Inked.
For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors 2019-20 NBA G League season, presented by Kaiser Permanente, visitsantacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 5, 2019
- NAZ Suns Lose as Memphis Hustle Makes History - Northern Arizona Suns
- Big Nights from Cacok and Hearn Not Enough in Salt Lake City - South Bay Lakers
- Hustle Break NBA G League Record for Most Wins to Start a Season - Memphis Hustle
- BayHawks Best the Mad Ants in Triple OT - Erie BayHawks
- Lemon's Scoring off the Bench Not Enough as Mad Ants Fall in Three-Overtime Game at Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Strike Back, Take Down Vipers - Canton Charge
- Herd Posts Tenth Straight Win, Defeats Maine 123-118 - Wisconsin Herd
- Red Claws' Rally Falls Short - Maine Red Claws
- Vipers Drop Road Game to Canton Charge - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hornets Assign Cody Martin to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- 905 Tripped up by Nets - Raptors 905
- Santa Cruz Warriors Drop Lone Season Matchup against Knicks, 104-100 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- 3rd Quarter Downs Drive in South Bay - Grand Rapids Drive
- Spurs Out-Shoot Texas - Texas Legends
- South Bay Shifts into High Gear in Second Half for Home Victory - South Bay Lakers
- Austin Spurs Top Texas Legends 137-126 - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Recovery Resource Center at Kaiser Permanente Arena to Reduce Hours
- Kaiser Permanente Arena to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election
- Kaiser Permanente Arena to Become Recovery Resource Center for Victims Affected by the Czu Lightning Complex Fire
- Santa Cruz Warriors Awarded 2019-20 NBA G League Social Responsibility/Youth Basketball Award for Sea Dub Classics Program
- Santa Cruz Warriors Raise over $5,000 for Community Foundation Santa Cruz County COVID-19 Local Response Fund