Spurs Out-Shoot Texas
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends (6-5) went up by 12 in the first but were smothered by Austin's hot shooting, falling to the Spurs (5-5) 126-137.
Josh Reaves grabbed his first three of the night to get the Legends off to a hot start, leading to a 17-5 edge at the seven-minute mark. Down 11 with four minutes left in the first, Austin went on a 17-2 streak to take a two-point lead into the second. Austin spread the gap to double digits before the half and took their largest lead of the night (+20) in the third. Texas pulled within eight with 1:30 to play, but Austin went 6-of-6 from the free throw in the final seconds to hold onto the victory.
Reaves led all scorers with 29 points, shooting 7-of-10 from outside to go with 5 rebounds and 2 steals. Nate Mason added 13 points and a game-high 13 assists. Moses Brown came off the bench for 22 points, 4 rebounds while Antonius Cleveland finished with 18 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 steals. Dakota Mathias added 15 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 assists and Jaylen Hoard matched the 15 points while adding 4 rebounds, and 2 steals. Trahson Burrell rounded out the double-digit scorers with 10 points, 5 rebounds.
Chimezie Metu led the Spurs with 25 points and a game-high 12 rebounds as Austin knocked down 54% from the field. Keldon Johnson added 23 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists, and Luka Samanic finished with 19 points, 4 rebounds, and 5 assists.
Texas will hit the road to take on the Oklahoma City Blue Sunday at 7pm CT and the Northern Arizona Suns Tuesday at 7:30pm CT. For tickets or broadcast information call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 5, 2019
- NAZ Suns Lose as Memphis Hustle Makes History - Northern Arizona Suns
- Big Nights from Cacok and Hearn Not Enough in Salt Lake City - South Bay Lakers
- Hustle Break NBA G League Record for Most Wins to Start a Season - Memphis Hustle
- BayHawks Best the Mad Ants in Triple OT - Erie BayHawks
- Lemon's Scoring off the Bench Not Enough as Mad Ants Fall in Three-Overtime Game at Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Strike Back, Take Down Vipers - Canton Charge
- Herd Posts Tenth Straight Win, Defeats Maine 123-118 - Wisconsin Herd
- Red Claws' Rally Falls Short - Maine Red Claws
- Vipers Drop Road Game to Canton Charge - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hornets Assign Cody Martin to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- 905 Tripped up by Nets - Raptors 905
- Santa Cruz Warriors Drop Lone Season Matchup against Knicks, 104-100 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- 3rd Quarter Downs Drive in South Bay - Grand Rapids Drive
- Spurs Out-Shoot Texas - Texas Legends
- South Bay Shifts into High Gear in Second Half for Home Victory - South Bay Lakers
- Austin Spurs Top Texas Legends 137-126 - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- PRJKT VET Logo to Go on Legends' Court
- Legends Build "ConNEXTions" Youth Mentorship Program
- Texas Pro Sports Teams and Civic Organizations Unite with #TexasTeamUp Campaign to Encourage Voter Turnout in the Lone Star State
- Legends' Home Comerica Center to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election
- Legends Host Voter Registration Event Sep. 22nd