905 Fall Short in Final Game of 2018
The Maine Red Claws (6-14) put an end to their losing streak in Mississauga as they defeated Raptors 905 (14-7) 102-89 Saturday afternoon at Paramount Fine Foods Centre. The last time Maine won on the 905's homecourt was two years ago to the day in 2016.
Toronto Raptors assignee Malachi Richardson had a game-high 30 points with six rebounds and three assists. Chris Boucher added 14 points and eight rebounds while MiKyle McIntosh finished with 14 points and four rebounds off the bench for the 905. Maine's two-way player P.J. Dozier had a team-high 26 points and totaled eight rebounds and eight assists. Justin Bibbs added 20 points and five assists, while Andrew White had 18 points, five rebounds, and four assists to help the Red Claws get the win.
The Red Claws were able to penetrate and control the paint, outscoring the 905 62-32 in points in the paint. After maintaining control of the game from the jump, Maine went into halftime with a nine-point lead. Out of the break, the 905 gained some momentum to outscore the Red Claws by four before Maine ultimately pulled away in the fourth to seal the victory.
The Red Claws will take on the Erie Bayhawks at home on Monday, December 31, 2018 at 1 p.m. and the 905 will play their first game of the new year on Friday, January 4, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. hosting the Westchester Knicks.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 29, 2018
- Mykhailiuk Burns the Suns for 47 Points in South Bay's Win - South Bay Lakers
- Suns Hold Own against 5 LA Lakers, Drop Game at South Bay - Northern Arizona Suns
- Big Third Quarter Proves Too Much for Capital City - Capital City Go-Go
- Drive End 2018 with a Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge End 2018 in Defeat - Canton Charge
- BayHawks Victorious against Blue Coats - Erie BayHawks
- 905 Fall Short in Final Game of 2018 - Raptors 905
- Stars Acquire Tre'shaun Fletcher - Salt Lake City Stars
- Kings Recall Harry Giles from Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Stockton Kings Take Down Agua Caliente Clippers 118-95 - Stockton Kings
- Clippers Drop Road Contest against Stockton - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Stars Defeat Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Long Island Holds on to Victory After Late Wisconsin Run - Wisconsin Herd
- Stars Defeat Spurs - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.