Roughnecks Edge Swarm 17-16
St. Paul, MN - Curtis Dickson scored two late shorthanded markers, including the game-winning goal, as the Calgary Roughnecks edged the Minnesota Swarm 17-16 Saturday evening at the Xcel Energy Center. Dickson, now with four game-winning goals this season, finished the night with three goals and one assist.
Assistant captain Scott Ranger (6g, 2a) scored a career-high six goals, including three in the opening quarter, to record his first NLL sock trick. Shawn Evans led the Roughnecks with an 11-point performance (2g, 9a), duplicating a franchise record he set earlier this year for most assists in a single game. Dane Dobbie (3g, 2a) and Jeff Shattler (2g, 3a) each recorded five points for Calgary, while Nolan Heavenor notched a single tally. Rookie Matthew Dinsdale (2a) recorded his first two NLL career points in the win.
Ryan Benesch (3g, 3a) and Kiel Matisz (2g, 4a) led the Swarm with six points each, while David Earl (3g, 2a), Jordan MacIntosh (1g, 4a) and Corbyn Tao (1g, 4a) all posted five-point performances in the loss.
Mike Poulin made 27 saves for the Roughnecks as Calgary outshot Minnesota 57-43.
The Roughnecks (5-3) wrap up a three-game road swing on Saturday, February 23 when Calgary travels to Washington to face the Stealth (4-4) for the first time this season. Game time is 8 p.m. MT at Comcast Arena.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 16, 2013
- Great Crowd Unable to Help End Losing Skid - Everett Silvertips
- T-Birds Tie Tips in Playoff Standings with Win - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Hitmen earn a 3-1 win - Calgary Hitmen
- Kamloops defeats Kelowna - Kelowna Rockets
- Roughnecks Edge Swarm 17-16 - Calgary Hitmen
- Royals Cut Down by Hitmen - Victoria Royals
- Brendan Leipsic Scores Overtime Winner to Give Winterhawks 4-3 Win - Portland Winterhawks
- Giants Lose 4-3 in Overtime to Portland - Vancouver Giants
- Bartosak Makes 44 Saves; Rebels With A 2-1 Shootout Win Over Victoria - Red Deer Rebels
- Spokane Extends Silvertips' Struggles - Everett Silvertips
- Tri-City Scores Six Straight, Trombley Helps Guide Americans Past Winterhawks - Tri-City Americans
- Giants Sneak Past T-Birds in Overtime - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Giants Win 3-2 in Overtime against Seattle - Vancouver Giants
- Winterhawks Fall 6-2 to Tri-Cities Friday - Portland Winterhawks
- Royals Edged out by Rebels - Victoria Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.