Bulldogs Ink Darryl Boyce to Professional Try-Out Contract
MONTREAL, QC - Hamilton Bulldogs General Manager Marc Bergevin announced today that the Club has signed forward Darryl Boyce to a 25-game Professional Try-Out Contract. As per club policy, financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Boyce, 28, has spent parts of three seasons in the National Hockey League with the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Columbus Blue Jackets, registering 18 points (six goals, 12 assists) and 68 penalty minutes in 84 regular season games. The 6'0", 200-pound forward has played in 191 regular season games over five seasons in the American Hockey League with the Toronto Marlies, recording 91 points (32 goals, 59 assists), 320 penalty minutes.
Prior to turning professional, the native Summerside, P.E.I played two seasons with New Brunswick of Canadian Interuniversity Sport and notched 65 points (29 goals, 36 assists) in 53 regular season games. Boyce also spent four seasons with the Toronto St. Michael's Majors of the Ontario Hockey League registering 145 points (54 goals, 91 assists) and 452 penalty minutes in 262 regular season games. Boyce led the team in scoring with 50 points (15 goals, 35 assists) in 67 regular season games during the 2004-2005 season. Boyce was originally signed by the Toronto Maple Leafs on January 1st, 2008.
The Hamilton Bulldogs are currently in Trenton, Ontario to continue training camp with on-ice sessions and team-building activities at 8 Wing/CFB Trenton. The 'Dogs will open their two-game pre-season schedule against the Toronto Marlies tomorrow, Saturday, October 6th at 7 p.m. at Cobourg Community Centre in Cobourg, Ontario. The game will be broadcast live on Funny 820 and hamiltonbulldogs.com. Derek Wills and Al Craig will have the pre-game show at 7 p.m. The Bulldogs will close their two-game pre-season schedule against the Marlies on Monday, October 8th at the Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre in Brantford, Ontario at 7 p.m. The Bulldogs' 17th season-opener is scheduled for Saturday, October 13th at Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, Michigan where they will play the Griffins. The team's home-opener is set for Friday, October 19th when they will host the Marlies at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton.
2012-2013 Hamilton Bulldogs season tickets, Pioneer Flex Pack tickets, group tickets and single-game tickets are on sale now! For as little as $10 per game, you can enjoy the many benefits of being a 'Dogs season ticket holder including reserved seating for all home games at Copps Coliseum, the option to redeem unused tickets for any regular season game, discounts on team merchandise and access to exclusive season ticket holder-only events with the team. Convenient payment plans are available. For more information on how to join our team by becoming a Hamilton Bulldogs season ticket holder, or for more information on Pioneer Flex Pack tickets or group tickets, call 905-529-8500 or 1-866-DOGS-TIX, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.hamiltonbulldogs.com. 'Dogs single-game tickets are available at the Copps Coliseum Box Office, any Ticketmaster Outlet, online at www.ticketmaster.ca, or by calling 905-529-8500 or 1-866-DOGS-TIX.
American Hockey League Stories from October 5, 2012
- Texas Stars Roll over San Antonio 4-1 - Texas Stars
- Audy-Marchessault's Hat Trick Leads Falcons Past Sharks - Springfield Falcons
- Jaden Schwartz Leads Rivermen to Preseason Win - Peoria Rivermen
- Wolves Doubled up by Peoria, 4-2 - Chicago Wolves
- Rampage Fall to Stars, 4-1, in First Preseason Game - San Antonio Rampage
- Penguins Edged by Americans in Shootout - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceCaps Lose to Crunch in Shootout - St. John's IceCaps
- Sharks Fall 4-3 in Scrappy Preseason Affair in Springfield - Worcester Sharks
- Power Plays Power B-Sens Past Bears, 5-3 - Binghamton Senators
- Special Teams Helps Senators Past Bears - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch Best St. John's IceCaps in Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Monarchs Defeat Sound Tigers 2-0 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Phantoms Fall in Second Preseason Game - Adirondack Phantoms
- P-Bruins Trim Training Camp Roster by Seven - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Ink Darryl Boyce to Professional Try-Out Contract - Hamilton Bulldogs
- First Three Games to Air on SiriusXM - Peoria Rivermen
- Admirals Assign Hetenyi to Cincinnati - Milwaukee Admirals
- SiriusXM to Air Texas Stars Broadcast - Texas Stars
- Calling All Road Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins to be Featured on SiriusXM NHL Network Radio - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Two Bulldogs Games to Air on SiriusXM NHL Network Radio - Hamilton Bulldogs
- AHL Games to be Aired on Sirius/XM; Includes First Two OKC Barons Games - Oklahoma City Barons
- American Hockey League Games to be Carried on SiriusXM NHL Network Radio - AHL
- Griffins Trim Training Camp Roster by Three - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Penguins Agree to Terms with MacIntyre - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rampage to Host Fan Fest this Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- TVA Sports Becomes the Official Broadcaster of the Hamilton Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- American Hockey League, TVA Sports Announce Broadcast Deal - AHL
- B-Sens Reduce Training Camp Roster by Three - Binghamton Senators
- Falcons Return Home to Host Sharks Tonight - Springfield Falcons
- Hogs Battle Back against Ads for Shootout Win - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.