Vipers Acquire Whiteside from Sioux FallsJanuary 4, 2013 - NBA Development League (D-League) Rio Grande Valley Vipers
Whiteside, a 7'0" center, was drafted 33^rd overall by the Sacramento Kings in the 2010 NBA Draft. During his rookie season, he played in 14 games for the Reno Bighorns, and saw action in one game for the Kings. Last season, he averaged 7.8 ppg in 11 games for the Bighorns, and saw action 18 games with the Kings, where he averaged 1.6 ppg. Whiteside was acquired by Sioux Falls on Dec. 14, 2012. He has averaged 7.3 ppg in 7 appearances with the Skyforce.
The Gastonia, N.C. native played for Marshall during the 2009-10 season. As a member of the Thundering Herd, Whiteside averaged 13.1 ppg and 8.9 rpg.
Rio Grande Valley fans will be able to watch Whiteside live when the Vipers visit the Austin Toros tonight. Tipoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. The game can be watched for free and live on the NBA Development League YouTube Channel. Fans can also listen live on FOX Sports 1700 AM with the iHeartRadio app.
NBA Development League Stories from January 4, 2013
- Reno Bighorns Lose to Sioux Falls in Close Game - Reno Bighorns
- Austin Toros Lose to Rival RGV Vipers - Austin Toros
- Balanced 66ers Fall to Stampede - Tulsa 66ers
- Stampede Down Big 3 from OKC in Win at Tulsa - Idaho Stampede
- Tough Night in Maine as BayHawks Down the Red Claws, 98-85 - Maine Red Claws
- D-Fenders Acquire Ronald Dupree - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Red Claws Acquire Andre Barrett - Maine Red Claws
- Boston Celtics Re-Assign Kris Joseph to NBA D-League Affiliate Maine Red Claws - D-League
- Vipers Acquire Whiteside from Sioux Falls - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Acquires Saunders from Vipers - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- San Antonio Spurs Re-Assign Nando De Colo to NBA D-League Affiliate Austin Toros - D-League
- Oklahoma City Thunder Re-Assigns Jones, Lamb and Orton to NBA D-League Affiliate Tulsa 66ers - D-League
- Jones, Lamb and Orton Assigned to Tulsa 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.