Stampede Beaten by BakersfieldDecember 21, 2012 - NBA Development League (D-League) - Idaho Stampede
The Stampede (1-9) scored the first point of the game but never again led and trailed by as many as 31 in the road loss, their sixth consecutive "L" away from CenturyLink Arena. Bakersfield (8-4) shot 44 percent, but outscored the Stampede in each of the first three quarters by five, six and 12 points to build their lead.
Justin Harper had 13 points and seven rebounds and Jai Lucas had 11 points and six assists for Idaho off the bench. Recent acquisition Josh Owens had eight points, six rebounds, three blocks and two steals, but the Stampede shot just 40.0 percent from the field, made 3-of-14 threes and 20-of-31 free throws.
The Jam got eight points and 12 rebounds from Brian Butch, while Kendall Marshall, on assignment from the Phoenix Suns, had seven points, nine assists and two steals. Marshall helped lead the fast-paced attack by the Jam, who beat the Stampede 28-5 in fastbreak points.
Idaho plays at Los Angeles at 7:30 p.m. (MST) on Saturday. Stampede fans can catch the action at the Sports Page Bar at the Boise Hotel and Convention Center for an away game watch party with Stampede Spirit Dance team members, front office staff and ownership.
About the Idaho Stampede Season tickets for the Idaho Stampede 2012-13 season are available NOW! Run with the Stampede and call (208) 388-4667 today for more information.
NBA Development League Stories from December 21, 2012
- Legends Overcome 17-Point Deficit to Defeat Skyforce - Texas Legends
- Vipers Halt Charge Winning Streak - Canton Charge
- Second-Half Surge Lifts Tulsa Past Iowa - Tulsa 66ers
- Vipers Top Charge in Overtime - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Austin Toros Lose at Home 98-97 - Austin Spurs
- Selby Leads Bighorns Past Torors - Reno Bighorns
- Shengelia Shines as Armor Fall to BayHawks - Springfield Armor
- Red Claws Topple Ants, 109-99 - Maine Red Claws
- Reggie Jackson Assigned to Tulsa 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- Oklahoma City Thunder Re-Assign Reggie Jackson to NBA D-League Affiliate Tulsa 66ers - D-League
- Philadelphia 76ers Assign Arnett Moultrie to NBA D-League Affiliate Sioux Falls Skyforce - D-League
- Bighorns Owner Santos Appointed to Tourism Commission - Reno Bighorns
- Time Warner Cable Sportsnet to Televise Los Angeles D-Fenders Games - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Skyforce Partners with Local Knights of Columbus Councils to Host Free Throw Contests - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Celtics Recall Joseph from Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Brooklyn Assigns Tornike Shengelia, Tyshawn Taylor to NBA D-League Affiliate Springfield Armor - D-League
- Brooklyn Nets Assign Shengelia and Taylor to Springfield - Springfield Armor
- Knicks Recall Stoudemire, Copeland and White - Erie BayHawks
- Jam Outrun Stampede - Bakersfield Jam
- Stampede Beaten by Bakersfield - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.