Austin Toros Lose at Home 98-97
Austin, TX December 21, 2012 - The Austin Toros (6-4) lose 98-97 to the Reno Bighorns (3-6) Friday night at Cedar Park Center. Toros big man Tyler Wilkerson put Austin ahead with 10.1 seconds on the clock, but with five seconds remaining Reno's NBA Assignee Josh Selby gets fouled and hits both free-throws for the win.
Teamwork was key for the Bighorns who had six players finish in double figures. Selby led the way with a game-high 23 points, eight assists and six rebounds. Other players in double figures were Marcus Landry (22), Kevin Murphy (13), Darnell Jackson (13), Jerome Jordan (12) and Antoine Wright (10).
The Toros, who led by as many as 11, kept the game close all night. Five Toros' players finished in double figures. Point-guard Justin Dentmon finished with seven rebounds and six assists to complement his team-high 20 points. Spurs Assignee Cory Joseph had 17 points, eight rebounds and seven assists, while Wilkerson finished with 13 points, three blocks and a game-high nine rebounds. Other notable performances included Jamarr Sanders (18 points) and Patrick Sullivan (12 points, eight rebounds, three blocks).
The Toros matchup up with the Sioux Falls Skyforce tomorrow Saturday, Dec. 22nd at 7:30pm at Cedar Park Center. Sean Elliott will give a motivational speech before the game at 6:45pm. Tickets can be purchased online at austintoros.com and ticketmaster.com, by calling the Austin Toros office at (512)236-8333 or at the Cedar Park Center box office.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 21, 2012
- Legends Overcome 17-Point Deficit to Defeat Skyforce - Texas Legends
- Vipers Halt Charge Winning Streak - Canton Charge
- Second-Half Surge Lifts Tulsa Past Iowa - Tulsa 66ers
- Vipers Top Charge in Overtime - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Austin Toros Lose at Home 98-97 - Austin Spurs
- Selby Leads Bighorns Past Torors - Reno Bighorns
- Shengelia Shines as Armor Fall to BayHawks - Springfield Armor
- Red Claws Topple Ants, 109-99 - Maine Red Claws
- Reggie Jackson Assigned to Tulsa 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- Oklahoma City Thunder Re-Assign Reggie Jackson to NBA D-League Affiliate Tulsa 66ers - G League
- Philadelphia 76ers Assign Arnett Moultrie to NBA D-League Affiliate Sioux Falls Skyforce - G League
- Bighorns Owner Santos Appointed to Tourism Commission - Reno Bighorns
- Time Warner Cable Sportsnet to Televise Los Angeles D-Fenders Games - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Skyforce Partners with Local Knights of Columbus Councils to Host Free Throw Contests - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Celtics Recall Joseph from Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Brooklyn Assigns Tornike Shengelia, Tyshawn Taylor to NBA D-League Affiliate Springfield Armor - G League
- Brooklyn Nets Assign Shengelia and Taylor to Springfield - Springfield Armor
- Knicks Recall Stoudemire, Copeland and White - Erie BayHawks
- Jam Outrun Stampede - Bakersfield Jam
- Stampede Beaten by Bakersfield - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- Austin Spurs Top Sioux Falls Skyforce, Clinch 2017-18 Southwest Division Title
- Austin Spurs Defeat Iowa Wolves 103-90
- San Antonio Assigns Derrick White to Austin Spurs
- Austin Spurs to Host Fan Appreciation and Go Red Night in Final Game of the Regular Season
- San Antonio Recalls Derrick White from Austin Spurs