Legends Overcome 17-Point Deficit to Defeat Skyforce
Frisco, TX -The Texas Legends (7-4), presented by Veracruz (visit Veracruz.mx), held the Sioux Falls Skyforce (6-3) to 18 points in the fourth quarter to win 104-102.
The Skyforce were up 25-23 at the end of the first quarter and powered forward to a 14 point advantage at the half, but in the fourth quarter, tables turned and fans were brought to their feet. Another double-double performance by Darius Rice sparked the team both offensively and defensively to their highest scoring quarter and Sioux Falls' lowest.
With four and a half minutes to play the Legends pulled within three, then back-to-back three pointers by Eyenga gave them their first lead of the second half. A layup by Sioux Falls' Mike Davis tied the game at 102, but Texas' Chris Roberts held possession until the clock dwindled to 3.9 seconds and forced the lead. The Legends defense held strong and took the 104-102 victory.
Rice (21 pts, 10 reb), Chris Douglas-Roberts, and Mavericks' assignee Jared Cunningham all tallied 21 points apiece. Christian Eyenga once again exploded off the bench to add 17 points and two blocked shots. Sean Singletary was the game leader in assists with nine and 11 points.
The Skyforce also had five players tally double digits, led by Demetris Nichols with 22 points and 7 rebounds. Sioux Falls out-rebounded the Legends 53-33 on the night while pulling down 21 second-chance points to the Legends' two.
The Legends will return to action on Veracruz Court tomorrow hosting the Iowa Energy at 7pm. For tickets or information call 214-469-0822.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 21, 2012
- Legends Overcome 17-Point Deficit to Defeat Skyforce - Texas Legends
- Vipers Halt Charge Winning Streak - Canton Charge
- Second-Half Surge Lifts Tulsa Past Iowa - Tulsa 66ers
- Vipers Top Charge in Overtime - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Austin Toros Lose at Home 98-97 - Austin Spurs
- Selby Leads Bighorns Past Torors - Reno Bighorns
- Shengelia Shines as Armor Fall to BayHawks - Springfield Armor
- Red Claws Topple Ants, 109-99 - Maine Red Claws
- Reggie Jackson Assigned to Tulsa 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- Oklahoma City Thunder Re-Assign Reggie Jackson to NBA D-League Affiliate Tulsa 66ers - G League
- Philadelphia 76ers Assign Arnett Moultrie to NBA D-League Affiliate Sioux Falls Skyforce - G League
- Bighorns Owner Santos Appointed to Tourism Commission - Reno Bighorns
- Time Warner Cable Sportsnet to Televise Los Angeles D-Fenders Games - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Skyforce Partners with Local Knights of Columbus Councils to Host Free Throw Contests - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Celtics Recall Joseph from Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Brooklyn Assigns Tornike Shengelia, Tyshawn Taylor to NBA D-League Affiliate Springfield Armor - G League
- Brooklyn Nets Assign Shengelia and Taylor to Springfield - Springfield Armor
- Knicks Recall Stoudemire, Copeland and White - Erie BayHawks
- Jam Outrun Stampede - Bakersfield Jam
- Stampede Beaten by Bakersfield - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- Jameel Warney Named to USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Team
- Fourteen Athletes Confirmed to Attend September USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Team Training Camp
- Legends Announce 2018-19 Season Schedule
- Mavericks Sign Daryl Macon to Two-Way Contract
- Legends Launch Mission of the Month Program with Legacy Plumbing