Rascals Held to Four Hits in 3-2 Loss at NormalJuly 28, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) River City Rascals
Eric Williams started the game with a single and Doug Sanders followed with a walk before Jason Patton drilled a single to right that scored Williams for a 1-0 lead. After two popup outs, Curran Redal laced a single to left that scored Sanders for a 2-0 lead before Justin Sarratt took the mound for his professional debut.
Sarratt (0-1) allowed a leadoff hit in the first, and following a stolen base and error, a one-out single from Steven Felix closed the gap to 2-1.
Felix struck again in the third with a two-run homer to right to give the CornBelters (21-43) a 3-2 lead they would not surrender behind starter Jacob Liedka (2-7) who allowed just one more hit the rest of the way en-route to his second complete game despite four walks (with seven strikeouts) while retiring the final 11 straight, and 14 of the last 15 Rascals hitters.
River City and Normal square off in a double header Sunday with first pitch set for 5:00 at the Corn Crib.
Frontier League Stories from July 28, 2012
- Grizzlies Win Again; Defeat Miners in Marion - Gateway Grizzlies
- Miners Drop One to Gateway - Southern Illinois Miners
- Miners Acquire Gerardo Avila - Southern Illinois Miners
- Crushers leave tying run on in ninth, fall 5-4 - Lake Erie Crushers
- Rascals Held to Four Hits in 3-2 Loss at Normal - River City Rascals
- Freedom Slug 20 Hits in Mathes' Shutout of Otters - Florence Freedom
- Liedka, 'Belters Shut Down Rascals in Game 1 Win - Normal CornBelters
- Blunders Cost RiverHawks in 3-1 Defeat - Rockford RiverHawks
- Wild Things Defeat Lake Erie 5-4 - Washington Wild Things
- Win Streak Reaches Five with Comeback Win - Schaumburg Boomers
- Slammers Bounce Back against ThunderBolts in Series Opener - Joliet Slammers
- Wild Things Top Crushers 5-4 - Washington Wild Things
- Otters Lose Series Opener at Florence - Evansville Otters
- July 28 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
- Freedom Sweep Doublheader against Wild Things - Florence Freedom
- Miners Split Doubleheader - Southern Illinois Miners
- Evansville and Southern Illinois Split Doubleheader - Evansville Otters
- Grizzlies Drop Series Finale to Rascals - Gateway Grizzlies
- Rascals Fight off Grizzlies; Win 8-5 - River City Rascals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.