Kansas City Outlasts X'sJuly 18, 2012 - American Association (AA) Sioux City Explorers
The Explorers had two home runs, a solo home run by Peter Barrows in the eighth innings, his fourth of the year and Kris Sanchez hit a two-run home run in the ninth, his 11th of the year, but it was too little, too late for the Explorers. Kansas City had everyone in their lineup with at least one hit as the T-Bones had 17 hits off four Explorer pitchers. Chuck Lukanen, in his first start, took the loss for the Explorers.
Sioux City will have an off day Thursday and then open a four-game series on Friday at Lewis and Clark Park against St. Paul.
American Association Stories from July 18, 2012
- Pheasants Topple Fargo-Moorhead - Sioux Falls Canaries
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Multi-Run Homers Lead Kansas City to Victory - Kansas City T-Bones
- Kansas City Outlasts X's - Sioux City Explorers
- Fish Score Six in Eighth to Take Rubber Match - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Goldeyes Take Series from Saltdogs - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Diablos Finish Record Game With Victory, Then Take Series From Sox - El Paso Diablos
- Big Sixth Inning Leads to Series Loss - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Lemurs Add Late Season Promotions - Laredo Lemurs
- More of the Same for AirHogs as Trip Ends - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Tsamis Wins 499th in Saints Managerial Career, Sheldon Ties Homer Mark, Saints Win Fifth Straight 5- - St. Paul Saints
- Diablos And Sox Marathon Suspended - El Paso Diablos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.