Five MoonDogs Selected for All-Star GameJuly 14, 2012 - Northwoods League (Northwoods) Mankato MoonDogs
The All-Stars consist of Chase Fowler (Southern Miss.), John Michael Twichell (UT Arlington), Trevor Belicek (Corpus Christi), Matt Marsh (College of Central Florida) and Zach Hall (Parkland).
Fowler is a starting catcher for the MoonDogs has been solid all season behind the plate. The Georgia native is possessing a .99 fielding percentage while recording a .292 batting average as a switch hitter with 28 hits in 96 at bats, seven doubles, three home runs and 14 runs batted in.
John Michael Twichell has been nothing short of a powerhouse for the 'Dogs this season, leading the team in batting average, doubles, triples, and coming in second in home runs. Twichell is batting .372 with 42 hits in 113 at bats, 10 doubles, four triples, four home runs and 18 runs batted in.
Trevor Belicek is a solid pitcher out of the bullpen this summer showing consistency and keeping the MoonDogs in the game. Belicek has a record of 1-2 with a 1.40 ERA in 25.2 innings pitched, while striking out 23 batters, and just walking four.
Matt Marsh has also been a key figure coming out of the bullpen this season with his strong arm and great off speed. Marsh has a record of 1-0 with a 1.13 ERA in 24.0 innings pitched, all while striking out 35 batters and giving up 18 hits.
Zach Hall has been dominant this far in the season with a 4-0 record and a 2.31 ERA. Hall has kept batters off balance with striking out 38 and just walking 12.
The MoonDogs won the first half of the season in the North Division with a 28-7 overall record. Subsequently Mike Orchard will be coaching his third All-Star game as the North Manager, along with his coaching staff, Cody Fick, Jason Ramos and Mark Goodman.
The 2012 All-Star game will be held on July 24th with the first pitch at 7:35 p.m. at Werner Park in Madison, Wis. The All-Star festivities will begin on the July 23rd with Milwaukee Brewers President of Operations and General Manager, Doug Melvin, speaking at the All-Star banquet.
Northwoods League Stories from July 14, 2012
- Woodchucks Walk All over Loggers, Win Game Two 9-2 - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Mallards Turn Back Clock to Find Winning Ways - Madison Mallards
- Honkers Dig out Win against Rox - Rochester Honkers
- Home Runs Kill MoonDogs - Mankato MoonDogs
- Roberts' Two Homers Put Stingers in First Place With 7-2 Win - Willmar Stingers
- JJ Streicher-Bremer Is Mallards' 2,000,000th Fan - Madison Mallards
- Two Bombers Earn Trip to All-Star Game - Battle Creek Bombers
- Honkers Drop Series Opener 6-4 - Rochester Honkers
- The Force Was Weak in Lakeshore's Loss to Eau Claire on Star Wars Day - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Five MoonDogs Selected for All-Star Game - Mankato MoonDogs
- Mallards, Rafters Ready for Round Two - Madison Mallards
- Four Homers Lead Stingers to 10-4 Victory in Mankato - Willmar Stingers
- Three Rafters Players Named to Northwoods League All-Star Game - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Four Bucks Named Nwl All-Stars - Waterloo Bucks
- Rafters Power Past Mallards - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rox Game Rained Out - St. Cloud Rox
- Huskies win 11-4 - Alexandria Beetles
- 2,000,000th Fan Expected Saturday Night - Madison Mallards
- Honkers Game Suspended Until Saturday - Rochester Honkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.