RHP Pitcher Ian Marshall Promoted to LynchburgJuly 4, 2012 - South Atlantic League (SAL) Rome Braves
RHP Pitcher Ian Marshall has been promoted to Lynchburg of the Carolina League.
Rome receives LHP David Starn. Starn was the 7th Round draft pick by the Atlanta Braves from Kent State and garnered First Team American Baseball Coaches Association (ABCA)/Rawlings NCAA Mideast Region, First Team All-Mid-American Conference and MAC Tournament MVP honors in 2011. In 2012 Starn was named MVP of the MAC Tournament.
South Atlantic League Stories from July 4, 2012
- Charleston Holds on to Clip Savannah 3-2 - Charleston RiverDogs
- Asheville Celebrates July 4th in Style; Win 8-4 over Augusta - Asheville Tourists
- 'Dads One-Hit Delmarva, 3-1, Before 5,468 Fans - Hickory Crawdads
- Sparks Lacking in Independence Day Loss - Augusta GreenJackets
- Power Overwhelms Lakewood - West Virginia Power
- Offensive Fireworks for West Virginia in 13-2 Power Win - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Dogs Edge Gnats on July 4th - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Kannapolis Squashes Grasshoppers on Independence Day - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Braves Tomahawk Chop Drive, 13-6, in Series Opener - Greenville Drive
- Shorebirds Held to One Hit in 3-1 Defeat - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Suns Overcome Late Deficits, Take 3-2 Win over Legends - Lexington Legends
- Suns Earn 50th Win on the Fourth of July - Hagerstown Suns
- RHP Pitcher Ian Marshall Promoted to Lynchburg - Rome Braves
- Major League's Last 30-Game Winner to Appear at Riley Park - Charleston RiverDogs
- Shorebirds Game Notes: at Hickory - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Power Game Notes - West Virginia Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.