Curve Ring in the Fourth with Fireworks, Giveaways, and MoreJuly 3, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Altoona Curve
The final homestand before the Eastern League All-Star Break kicks off on the Fourth with special Independence Day postgame fireworks presented by the Pennsylvania Lottery to follow the Curve's 7 p.m. game with the R-Phils. That night, Nuts For You will also be doing a $1,000 Sheetz Gas Card Gveaway to one lucky fan who purchases a bag of nuts at the Nuts For You stand, and the winner will be announced after the seventh inning. After the game, all kids can follow the series opener by running the bases at the ballpark.
Thursday night at 7 p.m., the Curve's packed homestand continues with the second edition of this year's Summer Cruise Series presented by Nittany Travel. In honor of the Tom Cruise film A Few Good Men, the first 500 fans ages 21 and over will receive a Code Red T-shirt when they walk through the gates. Thursday is also a Thirsty Thursday at the ballpark thanks to Rocky 104.9 with $2 16oz. Miller Lite drafts on special along with half-priced regular sodas.
The Curve and Phillies wind down their series with the finale on a Freebie Friday, and this week's giveaway is one of the season's most highly anticipated. The first 1,000 fans through the gates for the 7 p.m. last game with the R-Phils will receive an Andrew McCutchen Dreadlocks Hat presented by Peoples Natural Gas. The series finale is also a T.G.I. Friday's Mug Club Night where 250 Curve fans ages 21 and over will receive a T.G.I. Friday's Mug Club mug as they exit the ballpark. After the game, fans can head over to T.G.I. Friday's located off Plank Road to join the Extra Innings After Party with two Curve players.
Friday also marks the sixth FREE game in the Galliker's Curve Kids' Club and Kids' Club members are encouraged to wear Red, White & Blue to the game for this week's theme.
On Saturday, the Curve welcome the Binghamton Mets to town for the first and only time this year with a 7 p.m. opener on a Curve, Pa. Blue Out Saturday. Curve players will be wearing blue jerseys to raise awareness of child abuse in support of Prevent Child Abuse Pennsylvania, and fans are encouraged to wear blue in support of the cause, as well. Saturday is the Curve's second Scout Night of the season, and it will include an appearance by the chainsaw-juggling entertainer Mad Chad.
Altoona and Binghamton hook up for the middle game with a 6 p.m. Sunday tilt at Peoples Natural Gas Field. Sunday is Faith Day with a Catholic Mass at 3 p.m. to be followed by a game complete with another edition of postgame fireworks, this time presented by the Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown. Fans will also want to arrive early on Sunday to take part in the pregame catch on the field from 5-5:20 p.m. As always, kids will run the bases following each Friday, Saturday, and Sunday game.
The Curve will head into the 2012 All-Star Break with a noon series finale with the Mets. The daytime affair is Super Splash Day presented by Altoona Water Authority and WTAJ-TV where all fans will have a myriad of opportunities to stay cool via various methods throughout the ballpark. Monday's finale is also a Mirror Monday presented by the Altoona Mirror with fans receiving specially priced tickets with a coupon from the front page of the sports section in that day's Mirror. The homestand also concludes on a Silver Steamers Club Day presented by Homewood at Martinsburg.
A complete rundown of events and promotions during the upcoming Curve homestand is below.
Wed., July 4 vs. Reading Phillies (Philadelphia Phillies) at 7 p.m./gates open at 6 p.m.
- Independence Day Postgame Fireworks presented by Pennsylvania Lottery
- $1,000 Sheetz Gas Card Drawing presented by Nuts for You - Simply purchase a bag of nuts from the Nuts for You Stand and one lucky winner will win this gas card!
- Kids Run the Bases
Thu., July 5 vs. Reading Phillies (Philadelphia Phillies) at 7 p.m./gates open at 6 p.m.
- Summer Cruise Series Night #2 (A Few Good Men) presented by Nittany Travel
- Code Red T-Shirt Giveaway - The first 500 fans ages 21 and over will receive a Code Red t-shirt.
- Thirsty Thursday presented by Rocky 104.9- Fans can get $2 16oz. Miller Lite drafts and half-priced regular sodas
Fri., July 6 vs. Reading Phillies (Philadelphia Phillies) at 7 p.m./gates open at 6 p.m.
- Andrew McCutchen Dreadlocks Hat Giveaway - The first 1,000 fans through the gates will receive an Andrew McCutchen Dreadlocks Hat presented by Peoples Natural Gas
- T.G.I. Friday's Mug Club Night - 250 lucky fans (21+) will take home a T.G.I. Friday's Mug Club Mug as they exit the ballpark. Two Curve players will also visit the T.G.I. Friday's on Plank Rd. following the game for a one hour meet-and-greet session
- Free Kids Club Day presented by Galliker's - Kids are invited to wear red, white, and blue to celebrate America on Fourth of July weekend.
- Kids Run the Bases
Sat., July 7 vs. Binghamton Mets (New York Mets) at 7 p.m./gates open at 6 p.m.
- Curve, Pa. Blue Out Saturday - Curve players will don special blue jerseys, and fans are encouraged to wear blue to Saturday's game to support Prevent Child Abuse Pennsylvania
- Mad Chad Appearance - Come watch daredevil juggler Mad Chad juggle chainsaws, swords and more!
- Scout Night - Scout troops will take in a movie on our video board after the game and then get to spend the night on the field.
- Kids Run the Bases
Sun., July 8 vs. Binghamton Mets (New York Mets) at 6 p.m./gates open at 5 p.m.
- Postgame Fireworks presented by Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown
- Faith Day - There will be a Catholic Mass for fans wishing to attend at 3 p.m.
- Pregame Catch on the Field - Head down to the ballpark early and take in a catch from 5-5:20 p.m.
- Kids Run the Bases
Mon., July 9 vs. Binghamton Mets (New York Mets) at 12 p.m./gates open at 11 a.m.
- Super Splash Day presented by Altoona Water Authority & WTAJ-TV
- Mirror Monday presented by Altoona Mirror - Fans can receive specially priced tickets with a coupon from the front page of the sports section in that day's Mirror.
- Silver Steamers Club Day presented by Homewood at Martinsburg
Eastern League Stories from July 3, 2012
- B-Mets Snap Skid with Comeback Win, 3-2 - Binghamton Mets
- Gilliam Outstanding in Relief, Senators Win 4-3 in 12 Innings - Harrisburg Senators
- SeaWolves Fall in 12 - Erie SeaWolves
- Squirrels Beat Aeros 7-5, Take Series 3-1 - Akron Aeros
- Squirrels Hold off Aeros for Series Win, 7-5 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Glenn Powers 14-2 Rout of Reading - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Win Streak Halted as B-Mets Steal Finale, 3-2 - Altoona Curve
- Rock Cats Top Bowie In Wild One, 14-7 - New Britain Rock Cats
- Rock Cats Use 10-Run First to Top Baysox - Bowie Baysox
- Three More HRs Lead Thunder to Fourth Straight Win at Portland, 11-3 - Trenton Thunder
- Trenton Launches Portland 11-3 in Series Finale - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves at Harrisburg Senators - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Gates to Open Early for Big Fourth in Curve, PA - Altoona Curve
- OF Justin Jackson Transferred to Dunedin - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes at Akron - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Thunder Add Three New Players - Trenton Thunder
- Aeros Place Two on DL - Akron Aeros
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Baysox 20th Season Card Set Giveaway - Bowie Baysox
- Curve Ring in the Fourth with Fireworks, Giveaways, and More - Altoona Curve
- R-Phils Jordan Whatcott Added to Eastern Division Roster - Reading Fightin Phils
- Whatcott Added to Eastern Division Roster - EL
- B-Mets Game Notes: vs. Altoona Curve - Binghamton Mets
- RHP Tim Bascom Transferred to Triple-A Norfolk - Bowie Baysox
- Baysox Host Date Night at the Diamond - Bowie Baysox
- Thunder Sweep Doubleheader from Sea Dogs, 12-4 and 5-3 - Trenton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.