CornBelters Walloped by River CityJuly 1, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) Normal CornBelters
The Rascals scored in their first time up when the first two hitters, Curren Redal and Doug Sanders, singled, advanced a base on a ground out and scored a run on another grounder. River City made it 2-0 in the second by loading the bases with no outs via two walks and a bunt single, scoring a run on a double play ground ball.
River City reached the Belters again in the fourth inning when the first two hitters reached base and were doubled home by Josh Workman, who went to third on the throw home. Workman scored on a ground ball with an errant throw home to give the Rascals a 5-1 lead after four innings.
The Rascals tacked on two more runs in the sixth to increase their lead to 7-1. Jason Patton singled and Josh Workman doubled to score Patton, and Workman scored on a wild throw on a base hit by Matt Serna.
River City put a seven-run seventh-inning together to increase the lead to 14-1, batting 12 men with eight hits in the frame.
The CornBelters scored in the eighth when Ty Wiesemeyer doubled and scored on two fielder's choices.
Daniel Britt (3-3) took the loss in a four-inning start. Rascals starter Nick Kennedy (3-1) threw seven innings for the win.
The CornBelters conclude the series in suburban St. Louis with a Monday evening affair with right-hander Ryan Krumlauf (2-1, 2.18 ERA) starting for the Belters against the Rascals' righty Preston Vancil (1-4, 3.91 ERA). Pre-game on WJBC.com is 6:50 with first pitch scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
Frontier League Stories from July 1, 2012
- Bullock's Gem Guides Evansville to 2-0 Win over Windy City - Evansville Otters
- Rascals Dominate Normal - River City Rascals
- Slammers Snap Four Game Skid - Joliet Slammers
- Grizzlies Shutout Miners for Third Straight Win - Gateway Grizzlies
- Schult Pitches Slammers Past RiverHawks - Rockford RiverHawks
- Miners Shutout in Gateway - Southern Illinois Miners
- Grizzlies Announce Time Change for July 3rd and July 4th - Gateway Grizzlies
- CornBelters Walloped by River City - Normal CornBelters
- Lake Erie Crushers Split DH with Florence - Lake Erie Crushers
- Mozingo's Walk-Off Double Caps Ninth Inning Rally - Schaumburg Boomers
- Boomers Rally to Snap Beach Bums Win Streak - Traverse City Beach Bums
- July 1 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
- Rippers Grab Canada Day Win in Grand Fashion - London Rippers
- RiverHawks release pitcher - Rockford RiverHawks
- Beach Bums' Langbehn Named East Division All-Star Manager - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Max Peterson Has Contract Purchased by White Sox - Southern Illinois Miners
- Rascals Lose Fourth-Straight - River City Rascals
- Offense Carries Grizzlies to Win over Miners - Gateway Grizzlies
- Miners Lose Series Opener to Grizzlies - Southern Illinois Miners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.