Williams Powers T-Bones Past Gary SouthshoreJune 29, 2012 - American Association (AA) Kansas City T-Bones
Down 1-0 in the top of the fifth, Williams, a Blue Springs, Mo., native, smashed a line drive round-tripper off of RailCats starter Morgan Coombs (2-4), giving Kansas City its first lead at 2-1. Jose Duran added a sacrifice fly later in the frame, which increased the T-Bones' lead to 3-1.
Gary got one run back on an RBI single by Mike Massaro in the bottom of the fifth that made the score 3-2, and set the stage for Williams' nightcap in the sixth.
With two on and two out, the former Astros farmhand Williams crushed a towering drive well over the left-center field wall, pushing the T-Bones out to a 6-2 lead. The four-run cushion would be more than enough for starter Shaun Garceau and Kansas City's bullpen.
Following a 1 hour, 23 minute rain delay after the top of the first inning, Garceau (4-0) worked six innings, allowing two earned runs on five hits, while striking out six. His ERA bumped up a notch, but remains sparkling at 1.67 in four starts.
Kansas City turned to the bullpen for the final three frames, as Drew Bailey, Dan Kickham and Jake Wiley pitched scoreless seventh, eighth, and ninth innings, respectively. The T-Bones tacked on the final run with a Ray Sadler RBI single in the top of the ninth.
KC, now 22-18 on the season, travels to Lincoln, Neb., to begin a four-game set against the SaltDogs on Friday night at Haymarket Park. Staff ace Josh Rainwater (3-2; 3.23 ERA) is scheduled to start for the T-Bones. Catch the play-by-play call on the KMBZ Business Channel 1660 AM and online at www.tbonesbaseball.com.
American Association Stories from June 29, 2012
- Diablos pound Explorers - Sioux City Explorers
- Wingnuts Announce Roster Moves - Wichita Wingnuts
- Lemurs Shutout Tornedoes in First Meeting - Laredo Lemurs
- Sorry Mr. Jackson, Saints Score Four in Ninth for 7-5 Come-Back Win - St. Paul Saints
- Four-Run Rally in Ninth Lifts Saints Past RedHawks, 7-5 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Sheldon Shoves, Espinosa and Collaro Go Yard in 'Dogs Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Fish Hammer Wingnuts to Open Three-Game Series - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Goldeyes Power Past Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Einertson's Grand Slam Paces Diablos Blowout - El Paso Diablos
- Pheasants game postponed to Saturday, fireworks to follow - Sioux Falls Canaries
- RedHawks Add Davis to Bullpen - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- RailCats Game Postponed - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Online Voting Open for Top Sioux Falls Third Baseman - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Anthonsen Named Top Second Baseman by Fans - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Williams Powers T-Bones Past Gary Southshore - Kansas City T-Bones
- Williams Homers Twice as T-Bones Take Series - Gary SouthShore Railcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.