Omaha Falls to Memphis, 6-4, in 11 InningsJune 21, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Omaha Storm Chasers
Left-hander Everett Teaford started the contest for Omaha and pitched well, allowing two hits and punching out five in 6.0 innings on the mound. Nate Adcock pitched an inning in relief of Teaford and gave up four runs. Brandon Sisk threw a scoreless eighth and ninth innings for the Chasers before giving way to Coleman.
Omaha put the game's first run on the board in the second as Tony Abreu doubled down the left field line, advanced to third on a sacrifice bunt and scored on a Kurt Mertins sac fly. Things stayed quiet until the sixth inning when the Storm Chasers grabbed a 3-0 lead after a Max Ramirez single to left plated Abreu and an RBI single by Derrick Robinson scored Ramirez.
The Redbirds (27-47) struck for four runs against Adcock in the seventh to grab a 4-3 lead. Memphis scored the four runs on an RBI double by Pete Kozma, a two-run two bagger by Zack Cox and a run-scoring single by Luis Montanez.
However, the Chasers would not give in and tallied a run to tie the ballgame at 4-4 in the eighth when Anthony Seratelli's sac fly brought Abreu in to score.
From there, the offenses scuffled until the 11th when Mark Hamilton walked to start the inning for the Redbirds. Hamilton was then replaced by Eugenio Velez who advanced to second on a sac bunt and then to third on a wild pitch. Coleman then intentionally walked Cox who then moved to second on defensive indifference. Montanez then blooped a hit into center field to score Velez and Cox to score the game's decisive two runs.
The Storm Chasers and the Redbirds will wrap up their four-game series on Friday night at 7:05 p.m. Friday's game will feature post-game Friday Fireworks thanks to our partners at American Family Insurance. The game against Memphis can be heard locally on 1180 The Zone 2 - The Deuce and online at omahastormchasers.com.
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 21, 2012
- Straily Helps River Cats Shutout Grizzlies, 6-0 - Sacramento River Cats
- Hot Hitting Continues for Sox in 9-5 Win - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Omaha Falls to Memphis, 6-4, in 11 Innings - Omaha Storm Chasers
- 'Topes and Zephyrs Suspended (Game to be Resumed Tomorrow at 5:00) - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Perez Goes the Distance to Beat Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds defeat Oklahoma City - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Perez Stymie Cubs 6-2 - Round Rock Express
- Z's and Topes Halted by Rain - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Sounds Win Second Straight over Oklahoma City, 2-1 - Nashville Sounds
- Four-Game Homestand on Deck for Grizzlies from June 23-26 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Yasmani Grandal Selected for 2012 Siriusxm All-Star Futures Game - Tucson Padres
- Los Lunas Hero to be Special Guest of the Isotopes this Saturday - Albuquerque Isotopes
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. Iowa Cubs (Chicago Cubs) - Round Rock Express
- Triple-A All-Star Umpires Announced - PCL
- Triple-A All-Star Broadcast Details Announced - PCL
- Bauer Selected to Play in Sirius XM All-Star Futures Game - Reno Aces
- Wil Myers, Jake Odorizzi and Yordano Ventura Named to XM All-Star Futures Game Roster - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Four-Run Eighth Lifts 'Topes over Z's 6-4 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Blanked By Reno, 9-0 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Salt Lake Scores Early and Often in 13-5 Sox Loss - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Aces Cruise Past Tacoma, 9-0 - Reno Aces
- Carroll Saves Tucson Win - Tucson Padres
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.