Bisons Notes - Buffalo at Coluimbus (7:05 P.M.)June 7, 2012 - International League (IL) Buffalo Bisons
Thursday, June 6, 2012 (7:05 p.m.) - Huntington Park
LHP Garrett Olson (1-3, 4.61) vs. RHP Corey Kluber (4-5, 4.42)
Radio: WWKB AM 1520, bisons.com
TODAY'S GAME: Tonight, the Buffalo Bisons face the Columbus Clippers in the third game of a four-game series at Huntington Park (7:05 p.m.). The Bisons picked up the 5-1 win last night for their third victory in the last four games. The Herd's eight-game roadtrip through Ohio ends tomorrow against the Clippers. An eight-game homestand against Norfolk and Pawtucket begins on Saturday at Coca-Cola Field.
vs. CLIPPERS: The Bisons are 4-2 against Columbus this season as each team now has a win at Huntington Park. The Herd won the Buffalo series, 3-1, at Coca-Cola Field from May 28-31. A victory tonight would clinch Buffalo's third season-series win over the Clippers in the last three years.
OLSON: LHP GARRETT OLSON gets the ball tonight, his 12th start of the season for the Herd. The southpaw allowed two runs on three hits in his last outing, a five-inning no-decision on Saturday in Toledo. Olson has allowed three or fewer earned runs in nine of his 11 starts. He did not face the Clippers when Columbus came to Buffalo last month.
FREDFEST: OF FRED LEWIS has hit in all six games during the Bisons current roadtrip. Since Friday, the outfielder has averaged .435 (10-23) with five doubles, a triple, two RBI and four walks. With six more plate appearances, Lewis's .313 average for the season would be the 5th-highest in the International League. He leads the Bisons with 11 doubles and 10 stolen bases.
ON THE EDGE: LHP JOSH EDGIN tossed a scoreless inning of relief on Tuesday night. In 11 appearances since May 13, the Triple-A rookie is 1-1 with a 1.96ERA and a save (13.2IP, 3ER). Over that span, Edgin has struck out 13 batters and allowed just nine hits.
BISONS BITS: OF VALENTINO PASCUCCI is tied for 4th in the International League with 40RBI on the season. With 168 career RBI as a Bison, the slugger ranks 8th best in the club's modern era...The Mets yesterday designated INF JOSH SATIN. Satin hit .274 with 10 doubles, three homers and 15RBI in 54 games with the Bisons this season.
METS UPDATE : The Mets (31-26) fell 5-3 to the Nationals last night. Former Bison RHP JEREMY HEFNER allowed just three earned runs in six innings but fell to 1-3 in his major league debut. New York had just three hits in the loss. The Mets will look to avoid the three-game sweep with a 1:05 p.m. first pitch against Washington today.
International League Stories from June 7, 2012
- Figueroa Blanks Bulls for 6.0 Innings in 6-2 SWB Win - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- Iron Pigs come back from 2-0 deficit - Gwinnett Braves
- Red Sox Rally to Beat Indians 5-3 - Indianapolis Indians
- Doyle Takes No-Hitter to Ninth, Knights Beat 'Hens 6-1 on Thursday - Charlotte Knights
- Kroeger Powers PawSox to Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Yankees Make It Three Straight over Bulls - Durham Bulls
- Early Deficit Dooms Chiefs in Loss to Louisville - Syracuse Chiefs
- Hens Narrowly Avoid Being No-Hit for First Time Since 1977 - Toledo Mud Hens
- Post-Game Notes-Rochester 2, Norfolk 1 - Rochester Red Wings
- White Sox Purchase Contract of Knights Outfielder Jordan Danks - Charlotte Knights
- Tim Wood Named Tribe's May Player of the Month - Indianapolis Indians
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bisons' Harvey, Pascucci Lead Positions in All-Star Game Online Fan Voting - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo at Coluimbus (7:05 P.M.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Rochester Red Wings First Baseman Chris Parmelee Recalled to Minnesota - Rochester Red Wings
- Indians Begin Homestand with Signature Saturday - Indianapolis Indians
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - Thursday, June 7 vs. Norfolk (Orioles) - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.