Walker Awarded Pitcher of the Week HonoursJune 4, 2012 - American Association (AA) Winnipeg Goldeyes
Walker went 2-0 in his two starts and tied Rick Forney's franchise all-time strikeout record yesterday with 313 career Ks. He pitched seven scoreless innings against the Amarillo Sox on Tuesday and took a no-hitter into the sixth inning. Yesterday, Walker allowed just two earned runs through six innings against the Gary SouthShore RailCats to post his second quality start of the week.
After allowing five earned runs in three innings on Opening Day, Walker has lowered his ERA to 3.32 through four starts and one relief appearance this season.
Amarillo's Tim Alberts was named the Pointstreak Batter of the Week.
The Goldeyes begin a seven-game road trip with the first of four games against the Lincoln Saltdogs tonight. Game time is 7 p.m. and the pre-game show on TSN 1290 with Paul Edmonds begins at 6:30 p.m.
Fans looking to purchase season tickets, nine-game mini packs and individual game tickets for the 2012 season can call the Goldeyes office at 982-BASE (2273), visit the Shaw Park box office or click on Ticketmaster.ca.
American Association Stories from June 4, 2012
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- RedHawks Comeback bid Falls Short, Lose 4-3 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Pheasants Win Third in a Row - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Fish Squander Three Leads in Lincoln - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Kansas City Hangs on in 9th, Wins Opener at Fargo - Kansas City T-Bones
- Home Comforts Suit AirHogs vs. Lemurs - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Good Pitching Grounds the Lemurs - Laredo Lemurs
- Pheasants Down RailCats 6-2 in Series Opener - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Diablos Fall In Series Opener To Amarillo - El Paso Diablos
- Jarvis' Complete Game Ends Wingnuts Streak - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Game Rained out in New Jersey, DH Tomorrow - St. Paul Saints
- Walker Awarded Pitcher of the Week Honours - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Tim Alberts named Batter of the Week - Amarillo Sox
- Voting Open for Top Sioux Falls Catcher - Sioux Falls Canaries
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.