Series Opener for Curve and Sea Dogs PostponedJune 1, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Altoona Curve
Fans who had tickets to Friday night's (June 1st) contest at Peoples Natural Gas Field can exchange them for any other remaining 2012 Altoona Curve game for equal or lesser value based on availability.
The Curve and Sea Dogs will open their series on Saturday with a 6 o'clock first pitch for the doubleheader, and both games on the night will be seven-inning contests. Saturday is Buccomania at the ballpark with an appearance from the Pirate Parrot and Pierogies presented by WTAJ-TV as well as a Pirates hat giveaway to the first 1,000 fans through the gates presented by Pepsi. It's also a Curve, PA Blue Out Saturday with Curve players donning special blue jerseys to promote child abuse awareness. The evening's festivities will be followed, as always on a Saturday, by Kids Run the Bases.
Altoona will send left-hander Nathan Baker (3-5, 5.17), Friday's regularly scheduled starter, to the mound in the doubleheader opener opposite Portland righty Anthony Ranaudo (0-1, 7.36). Saturday's regular starters will go on their scheduled day in the nightcap. The Sea Dogs will start lefty Chris Hernandez (2-4, 3.21) against the Curve's right-hander Phil Irwin (0-3, 5.01). Game two will be played roughly 30 minutes following the conclusion of game one.
Airtime for Saturday's twinbill at Peoples Natural Gas Field is set for 5:30 p.m. on ESPN 1430 and the Curve Radio Network. For tickets and more information, call 877.99.CURVE, visit AltoonaCurve.com or stop by the box office at Peoples Natural Gas Field.
Eastern League Stories from June 1, 2012
- Aeros Keep Rolling, Win Fourth Straight - Akron Aeros
- Fisher Cats Game Suspended in Eighth - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Friday's Game Suspended in 8th; Will be Completed Prior to Saturday's Game - Trenton Thunder
- Aeros Top B-Mets in Series Opener, 10-2 - Binghamton Mets
- Rock Cats Rock the Senators 10-3 - Harrisburg Senators
- New Britain Scores Seven in Second to Rout Harrisburg - New Britain Rock Cats
- Squirrels and SeaWolves Suspended Friday - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- SeaWolves and Flying Squirrels Suspended - Erie SeaWolves
- Sea Dogs Postponed in Altoona - Portland Sea Dogs
- Series Opener for Curve and Sea Dogs Postponed - Altoona Curve
- Baysox, R-Phils Postponed - Bowie Baysox
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- INF Corban Joseph Promoted to AAA - Trenton Thunder
- Bowie Baysox Announce Player Moves - Bowie Baysox
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes vs. Erie - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Rock Cats Join Six-Team Effort To Educate Fans - New Britain Rock Cats
- B-Mets Game Notes: vs Akron Aeros - Binghamton Mets
- Right-handed hurler David Bromberg goes to Triple-A - New Britain Rock Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.