RiverHawks Drop Home Opener 8-2May 26, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) Rockford RiverHawks
The Crushers, who never trailed, handed the RiverHawks their fifth straight loss, in front of a near-sellout crowd of 2,617 in Rockford's home opener.
Rockford starter Cody Hallahan (0-1) gave up three straight two-out hits in the fifth inning, including Moldenhauer's RBI blooper to right field, and took the loss. Lake Erie reliever Randy Sturgill (1-0) was awarded the win because starter Mickey Jannis did not go five innings. Chance Gilmore gave up an unearned run in the Rockford eighth inning, but recorded the final seven outs and earned his first save.
Lake Erie broke the game open with a four-run eighth inning. Robby Kuzdale, who entered the game as a defensive replacement in the sixth inning, hit a sacrifice fly in the seventh and a three-run double in the eighth for a four-RBI night.
Michael Hur and Matt Greener each had two hits for Rockford.
The homestand continues at 6:05 p.m. Saturday. The first 1,000 through the gate receive magnet schedules, courtesy of Rockford Health Systems.
The RiverHawks are members of the Frontier League, an independent professional baseball league in its 20th season. Games are broadcast on NTA-FM (100.5) Advertising and ticket information is available by calling (815) 885-2255. Fans can also visit www.rockfordriverhawks.com.
Frontier League Stories from May 26, 2012
- Grizzlies Pick One-Run Victory in Canada - Gateway Grizzlies
- Schaumburg Boomers Walk Off With Win in Thirteen - Schaumburg Boomers
- RiverHawks Power Past Lake Erie, Win 8-1 - Rockford RiverHawks
- Gateway Slows Rippers - London Rippers
- Traverse City Silences ThunderBolts' Bats - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Crushers surrender four homers in 8-1 loss - Lake Erie Crushers
- Rascal Bullpen Shuts out Washington - River City Rascals
- Slammers Win First Series of 2012 - Joliet Slammers
- Miners Offense Continues with Win over CornBelters - Southern Illinois Miners
- Otters Drop Second Game in a Row on the Road - Evansville Otters
- Wild Things Shut out by Rascals 5-0 - Washington Wild Things
- CornBelters Blanked by Miners - Normal CornBelters
- May 26 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
- Time Change for Sunday - London Rippers
- Schaumburg Franchise Kicks off with a BOOM! - Schaumburg Boomers
- RiverHawks Drop Home Opener 8-2 - Rockford RiverHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.