Sea Dogs scratched by the 'Cats 8-2May 24, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Portland Sea Dogs
Stolmy Pimentel (1-1) was roughed up for five runs in just three-plus innings to suffer his first loss of the season. In the last half of the fourth inning, the Fisher Cats sent 11 men to the plate against Pimentel and Jeremy Kehrt (2 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 0 SO). Brian Bocock led the offensive charge, going 2-for-3 with three RBI, including a two-run double in the fourth. Kevin Howard, Brian Van Kirk and Mike McDade added RBIs in the fourth.
Yohan Pino (4-1) earned the win for New Hampshire, working seven innings on two runs and six hits. Fernando Hernandez closed out the game with two scoreless innings.
Reynaldo Rodriguez continued his extra-base hit barrage, going 2-for-3 with a homer, a double and two RBI. Rodriguez clubbed his 10th homer of the season in the sixth inning, but his ninth this month - a franchise record for May.
Portland took a 1-0 lead in their first turn off Pino. With two outs, Juan Carlos Linares doubled, then scored on Rodriguez's two-bagger down the left field line. New Hampshire tied the game in their half of the first on Bocock's run-scoring single.
Pimtenel struggled in the second inning, allowing four straight baserunners to reach after one out. John Tolisano gave the 'Cats a 3-1 lead with a two-run single to center field.
Will Latimer was a bright spot for the Portland staff, hurling three scoreless innings on two hits and three strikeouts.
Portland is 4-2 against New Hampshire, as the two teams meet 26 times this season.
Prime Motor Group Player of the Game : Reynaldo Rodriguez
The Sea Dogs open up a four-game series on Friday night against the New Britain Rock Cats (Twins affiliate) at Hadlock Field. Right-hander Chris Balcom-Miller (2-4, 5.45) makes his 10th start of the season against Lefty Andrew Albers (1-1, 4.31). Sea Dogs baseball can be heard on the U.S. Cellular Sea Dogs radio network with 95.5/95.9 FM WPEI serving as the flagship station - coverage begins at 6:45 PM. Tickets are available for all remaining 2012 Sea Dogs' home games. Book your nine inning vacation by calling the Sea Dogs Ticket Office at 207-879-9500 or log on to www.seadogs.com.
Eastern League Stories from May 24, 2012
- Machado Walk-Off Single Seals Win - Bowie Baysox
- Pino, Bocock Lead the Way in 8-2 Win over Portland - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Murton's Walk-Off Hit Ends Trenton's Comeback Win vs. Akron - Trenton Thunder
- Baysox Split Series with Walk-Off Win, 6-5 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Sea Dogs scratched by the 'Cats 8-2 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Trenton Walks off with 4-3 Win over Aeros - Akron Aeros
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Senators Return Home for Seven-Game Homestand - Harrisburg Senators
- Zoilo Almonte and Jose Pirela Activated; OF Brewer Back to DL - Trenton Thunder
- 'Wolves Drop Series Finale - Erie SeaWolves
- Rock Cats Top Mets to Take Series - New Britain Rock Cats
- Curve Wrap Nice Homestand with 5-4 Win over 'Sens - Altoona Curve
- Romero's Drive Sours Series Finale, 6-4 - Binghamton Mets
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes at Bowie - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Rock Cats-Fisher Cats will play double-header July 16th at 5:35PM - New Britain Rock Cats
- Vinny Cerrato Heading for a Dunk Tank - Bowie Baysox
- Former Redskins and Colts Faceoff...In Softball - Bowie Baysox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.