River Cats Fall to Storm Chasers 7-1, Win Series 3-1May 12, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Sacramento River Cats
The Storm Chasers struck first with a three-run second inning that featured Terry Evans' third home run of the season. The River Cats scored their only run of the contest in the bottom of the second when Stephen Parker drove in Brandon Hicks with a single up the middle. Omaha went on to add four more runs to their lead, ultimately winning 7-1.
River Cats starter Fabio Castro (1-4) surrendered four earned runs on six hits and three walks with six strikeouts for the loss. Designated hitter Stephen Parker led the River Cats offensive attack, going 2-for-4 with his 11th RBI of the season. Josh Donaldson went 1-for-3, moving his batting average to .457 on the year and extending his hitting streak to four games.
Omaha's starting pitcher Will Smith (1-2) gave up one earned run on six hits with six strikeouts for his first win of the season. Three Storm Chasers had multi-hit games, highlighted by a 2-for-4 effort from Tony Abreu that included two runs, on RBI and a home run.
The 3-games-to-1 series victory is Sacramento's sixth of the season. The River Cats remain undefeated in series play, moving to 6-0-3 on the year.
The River Cats begin a four-game set against the Iowa Cubs on Saturday for Sutter Health Postgame Fireworks. Sacramento RHP Graham Godfrey (3-0, 0.45 ERA) will take on Iowa RHP Casey Coleman (2-3, 3.48) at 7:05 at Raley Field.
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 12, 2012
- Albuquerque Swats Bees in Series Opener, 5-4 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- RedHawks Celebrate Hometown Heroes With 6-5 Win - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Comeback falsl short - Tucson Padres
- Jesse Chavez Shuts Out the Zephyrs 8-0 - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Aces Fall to Sounds 6-5 in Rain-Shortened Opener - Reno Aces
- Brown Blasts Sky Sox Past Redbirds - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Win Rain-Shortened Series Opener against Reno - Nashville Sounds
- Chicago Cubs Recall Casey Coleman - Iowa Cubs
- RedHawks Game Notes: May 12, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Tacoma Rainiers - Round Rock Express
- Cubs Win Series over Grizzlies - Iowa Cubs
- Carraway Carries Rainiers To Shutout Win Over Albuquerque - Tacoma Rainiers
- Smith Shines as Storm Chasers Down River Cats - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Isotopes Fall to Rainiers in Near-Perfecto, 4-0 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- River Cats Fall to Storm Chasers 7-1, Win Series 3-1 - Sacramento River Cats
- Tucson beats New Orleans - Tucson Padres
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.